Bluetooth issues - is it the phone's limitations or something else

This is a discussion on Bluetooth issues - is it the phone's limitations or something else within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; A couple Bluetooth of issues I've noticed using my Epic 4G: 1) If I have voicemail and play it using the app (rather than by ...

Thread: Bluetooth issues - is it the phone's limitations or something else

Bluetooth issues - is it the phone's limitations or something else

A couple Bluetooth of issues I've noticed using my Epic 4G:

1) If I have voicemail and play it using the app (rather than by dialing in to Sprint voicemail), the sound won't play through my connected, powered-on bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager Pro).

I went to a local Sprint store, and the guy there told me that a "Java-enabled" Bluetooth headset wouldn't have this limitation. There's a newer version of the Voyager Pro (the Pro+), but the Bluetooth version (2.1) is the same on both, so I have my doubts about the Sprint guy's suggestion.

Thus, it appears that this is a limitation of the voicemail app, not the bluetooth headset. Any opinions on this?

2) If I receive a call and my bluetooth headset is powered on and connected, I cannot answer the call through the hand-set, only through the bluetooth headset. This is a problem because - sometimes - I stick the headset in my pocket (without powering it off), and it's a little irritating when I miss the call because I can't retrieve the headset fast enough to answer the call. I realize that I could disable bluetooth before answering manually OR I could remember to power-off the headset before sticking it in my pocket; but I'm rather absent minded and klutzy, so these wouldn't be "seamless" solutions for me. None of my previous bluetooth mobile phones had this limitation - I could answer either way even when the bluethooth headset was connected. Again, is this an Epic 4G ssue or a headset issue?

Edit: Do these same limitations exist for the EVO? If not, I'd be inclined to return the Epic 4G and get the EVO.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

OK did some digging and this is what I found. This issue is on the Epic and the EVO. VVM will not work through a Bluetooth Headset unless it is a A2DP profile headset. Now a work around is to dial 1 to access the VM regularly. That will work with any headset. Regarding the second questions seems like several people are having the same problem. Seems to be a limitation in Android at this point.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links