Tough decision

This is a discussion on Tough decision within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey everybody, I'm eligible for an upgrade in a few weeks and need help deciding on which phone to get. I'm trying to decide between ...

Thread: Tough decision

Tough decision

Hey everybody, I'm eligible for an upgrade in a few weeks and need help deciding on which phone to get. I'm trying to decide between the evo4g, nexus s 4g, or the new galaxy 2 that is coming out. The phone is for personal use only. Im just looking for some reviews from people that actually have first hand experience with the phones. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll provide my 2!

Here is a quick rundown on the phones you mentioned - the HTC EVO 4G is over over a year old (June 4, 2010), The Nexus S 4G from Samsung is at least 6 months (May 8, 2011 - I'm almost sure I'm incorrect) and the Samsung Epic Touch (released September 16, 2011)

Smart money obviously says grab the Epic Touch BUT beware Samsung is notoriously slow to when it comes to updating Android. Personally I'd stay away from any manufacturer that always delays the flow of updates to Android.

Right now is an exciting yet excruciating time to be in the hunt for a new device. Most devices used to be updated every six months or so where today that time frame has been reduced to a month or so. With so much new technology being released so qucikly your buying a device that basically becomes obsolete before you make your first payment of your new 2 year contract. And that sucks!

Yet if you wait a month ot two the upcoming devices are said to be mostly dual-core and even quad-core (either late this year or early next year), come with NFC, and up to twice of the amount of features, plus bring the release of Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich which will certainly be a significant update to the current Gingerbread.

Sprint was the last of the big four carriers to keep a 30 day no questions asked guarantee - so in essence you had 30 days to tru out your new device and if you didn't like it you could return it for a new device - then that 30 day guarantee started all over again. Thiswas a good thing while it lasted because if a new device got released within that time frame you could've simply exchanged one device for the just released device.

But to many morons abused that policy so it slowly was taken away one carrier at a time. Presently Sprint still offers (honors) this policy but if you've read around the web lately theyy are in the midst of ending that very, very soon. It'll now be 14 days - and that's a big loss to consumers because you know new releases are around the corner and it ALWAYS HAPPENS AFTER THAT GUARANTEE PERIOD. Which means we're SOL and stuck in our newly signed cintract for another 22 monhs! So choose your device wisely.

Which finally brings an answer to your question, right now it's wise to grab and HTC or Motorola device (which just recenlty launched their first device on Sprint as the Photon) over ANY Samsung device! Choose one of the upcoming Nexus phones which is rumored to be the Nexus Prime. But there's always the iPhone 5, another rumor of course. Just don't buy any device that's been on the market at least 3 months. That is unless you like buying what would be considered by today's standards an already obsolete phone.

Good luck to you in choosing the right device for YOU, I hope I cleared some things up for you. I normally don't stick my nose into other' business - but your inquiry sparked my need to help anyone avoid choosing technology that's already come and gone. Plus I'd hate to see anyone stuck with a new 2 year contract only to receive an obsolete or near obsolete device.

Wow, finally a response lol. I've been doing some research on these phones and I've come to the conclusion to get the samsung epic touch or nexus prime when it comes out. Even though I do know how to work these phones, this will be my first personal smart phone. I'm due for an upgrade and like you said I don't want to be stuck with old news. Is there any other phones I should wait for?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links