Possible Porting Problem

This is a discussion on Possible Porting Problem within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I got the epic 4g 3 days ago and I have noticed I havent been getting any texts from verizon.they get mine but I cant ...

Thread: Possible Porting Problem

Possible Porting Problem

I got the epic 4g 3 days ago and I have noticed I havent been getting any texts from verizon.they get mine but I cant get thiers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What connection type are you using (4G, 3G, Wi-fi) when your Verizon friends say they sent you a text? The phone may have a problem receiving texts on a certain bandwidth. A friend at work has the same phone, and his 4G doesn't work at all despite him being in a 4G area at all times.

Have you turned off the phone since you got it? Not sure why it works, or what happens exactly, but occasionally cycling the power on the device gets it to sort of reset itself and 'fix' an otherwise faulty network connection.

Try going into "Settings", then "About phone" and checking for any and all updates. Sometimes even fresh out of the box, the software on the phones isn't current, which may also cause some connectivity issues.

Anyway, these are just a few suggestions off the top of my head. Hope this helps :-)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links