HTC supersonic announced!

This is a discussion on HTC supersonic announced! within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; A 1ghz processor is the most I see.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTC supersonic announced!

A 1ghz processor is the most I see..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    A 1ghz processor is the most I see..
    1ghz is the usually now a-days for 2010 smartphones.
    It will be sad if it doesn't.
    VZW Nexus One PLZ

Just read from Sprint's website that the 4g data plan is $59.99. I wonder if thats going to be the same price for the HTC Evo 4g.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

i must admit im kinda jealous even tho sprint wont get this phone for few more months but i dont think i would buy a wcdm device that i can only use in the united states. And also how fast is this 4G...i doubt theyll be gettin even 10mbps speeds...and T-Mobile is rolling out HSPDA+ trhoughout the country by the end of the year which is 21mbps and with windows mobile 7 coming out i think ill stick with them
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

It's great to see HTC finally doing something comparable to the HD2, seems like the idiot finally wised up and got with the future:
    HTC CEO says he could but won't make HD2 an Android phone, has to take care of Windows Mobile -- Engadget

Sprint's network is absolutely horrible though. I had them for 2+ years on my work network and it was absolutely horrible. So bad that I would give people my personal phone for work contact. Many (30-40%) of calls I had over 15 minutes on Sprint were dropped at some point. That's unacceptable.

Because of that, I'm really disappointed the EVO/Supersonic is an exclusive to Sprint. This is the phone I was dreaming the Nexus One would be (I still dig my nexus and won't dream of switching to Sprint/the EVO).

Maybe they'll completely rebuild things with the 4g, but I'll believe it when I see the published results compared to other networks. They sure are making a media blitz about their network/products recently!

I wish phones would just release on everyone at once, even Google/the nexus has jerked folks around on the networks it was going to be available on. Hopefully a uniform standard for "4g" will develop and we won't have to deal with CDMA vs. GSM choices anymore.

Does HSPA+ count as 4g? Sprint is claiming their "4g" network will get 10 mb peak, 3-5 mb average. T-Mobile's HSDPA+ rolling out this year is supposed to get 21+ mb peak, 5mb average. I wish there was some uniform, enforceable standards for quality and speed. All these broadband providers are snake oil salesman. Maybe the FCC's new initiatives will help organize and make some clear guidelines/standards with the definitions and marketing.

Anyway, it's an exciting announcement for Android and for mobile broadband in general. It's good to have more handsets out there and more competition and increased speed!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Talking

I'm with ya on that I wouldn't switch to sprint on service quality alone. Its a cool phone, but I'll stick with t-mobile. I sick of all this hype about 4g. The theoretical max is 10mbps, at 3-5 normal. Compare that to Tmobile Hspa+ network which is theoretically maxed out at 21mbps, and up too 12 mbps in good coverage areas normally. Thats insane, the difference is that tmobile isnt advertising it like sprint is. the next half of this year tmobiles allready said that there will be a hspa phone. ill wait, my n1 will keep me busy till then...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    spooge

This will for sure give the iPhone4G some stiff competition.
    What iphone 4g?

Looks awesome but after using sense on my nexus I like straight android (modded). But as far as hardware goes its bang on but for people like me over here in Australia being unlocked is a bonus. Nexus ftmfw.

A lot of people will be disappointed with the new Iphone this summer. As far as what I have read and what seems logical, the next Iphone will probably have the same processor as the Ipad, you will be able to change the background as far as customizable, no multitasking on the new Iphone, no flash support(in my believe Apple doesn't support flash because of advertisement just Google Quattro), better camera but not sure how many mega pixels I bet it's around 5. Now Apple haves several choices as far as screen resolution, 1st keep it the same, 2nd make a new resolution and scale existing app, and 3rd have the same resolution as the Ipad which is unlikle I go with number 2. And it may be sold thru Apple and unlock but still only support AT&t's network.

In the future you will see Apples new map application, but will be behind compare to Google's Maps

Surprised the hot new EVO 4G still coming with Android 2.1 I would have thought for such a major phone release, it would ship the newest and greatest Android update, like 2.2 or higher at least ? I mean by the time the EVO 4G comes out, the 2.1 update will be 6 months old already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links