home networking

This is a discussion on home networking within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; I have my N1 connected to the internet through my wireless router through wifi. I have two comupters networked together through this same router-one with ...

Thread: home networking

home networking

I have my N1 connected to the internet through my wireless router through wifi. I have two comupters networked together through this same router-one with cat5 and one with wifi. The N1 connects to the internet just fine through the wireless network, but I cannot get it to be recognized by either of the other two networked computers to be able to transfer files, books, etc between them. I see no place to enable "home netoworking" on the N1. Am I looking for a capability that doesn't exist?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should try bluetooth file transfer. The N1 won't natively be recognized on your network as another machine to connect to.

Use Bluetooth File Transfer v2.80 Application for Android | Communication

Also, read this Connecting to Bluetooth devices - Nexus One Help

Thanks

Thanks Rioja - I'd prefer not to have to use bluetooth, but will if the phone won't network. Is there an app or mod that will allow it to see the network or the network to see it? I am running a rooted phone with the cyanogen rom.

Quote Originally Posted by bweight View Post
    Thanks Rioja - I'd prefer not to have to use bluetooth, but will if the phone won't network. Is there an app or mod that will allow it to see the network or the network to see it? I am running a rooted phone with the cyanogen rom.

Download ES file explorer @ the market. I use this to transfer file over my network at home. Works fine to me.

ES looks good! Didn't realize it existed, I'm going to try it with my Mac too.

ES will do the trick - is it on the market now? I always DLed it from their site.
    Rooted Nexus One

my bad...EStrongs file explorer. Search that instead.

OK

Download ES file explorer @ the market. I use this to transfer file over my network at home. Works fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but my network doesn't see the Nexus, so having a file transfer utility won't do me any good unless ES File Explorer sees the network...

ooops

Download ES file explorer @ the market. I use this to transfer file over my network at home. Works fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Blackstar - I spoke tooooo soon!!! I downloaded WiFi File Explorer and it worked great - I can tansfer stuff back and forth through my browser - Not quite as good as full network access, but it'll do just fine - Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by bweight View Post
    Download ES file explorer @ the market. I use this to transfer file over my network at home. Works fine to me.
    Blackstar - I spoke tooooo soon!!! I downloaded WiFi File Explorer and it worked great - I can tansfer stuff back and forth through my browser - Not quite as good as full network access, but it'll do just fine - Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

No problem boss...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links