Android + Mac Syncing (Mail, Contacts, Calendars)

This is a discussion on Android + Mac Syncing (Mail, Contacts, Calendars) within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Originally Posted by jettrue Originally Posted by jettrue version 4.0.2, the setup is different, and I can't seem to get it to work. Researching now.... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android + Mac Syncing (Mail, Contacts, Calendars)

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    version 4.0.2, the setup is different, and I can't seem to get it to work. Researching now....
    Oh, haha, you have to create a google calendar first.

It's even easier in 4.0.2, you choose "google" from the drop down menu, and you only enter email address and password, and the rest is auto filled.
    This just gets the google calendar onto my mac, but not my mac calendar onto my google. How to I get all my existing ical events onto my google calendar? When I click "refresh all" the only thing I see is the gmail-subscribed calendar on the left. There's no other calendars to choose from. Help!

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalgoddess View Post
    version 4.0.2, the setup is different, and I can't seem to get it to work. Researching now....

It's even easier in 4.0.2, you choose "google" from the drop down menu, and you only enter email address and password, and the rest is auto filled.
    This just gets the google calendar onto my mac, but not my mac calendar onto my google. How to I get all my existing ical events onto my google calendar? When I click "refresh all" the only thing I see is the gmail-subscribed calendar on the left. There's no other calendars to choose from. Help!

Thanks all!
    i believe theres no simple way to do this. you can publish your existing ical calendars and share it online though the easiest way to do that would be via a paid mobile me account.

what i did was make a cutoff for new entries so all my new calendar events would sync to google calendar. with this, you can create all new entries via ical under google calendar on the left pane... this way, these would sync to the cloud... then to your android device.

ical can export existing calendars.. but i just checked... the file extension (ics) is something thats not supported by google calendar's import (csv). havnt really checked thoroughly though as of the moment.... there still might be a way.

...any thoughts from others?

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

Thanks all!
    i believe theres no simple way to do this. you can publish your existing ical calendars and share it online though the easiest way to do that would be via a paid mobile me account.

what i did was make a cutoff for new entries so all my new calendar events would sync to google calendar. with this, you can create all new entries via ical under google calendar on the left pane... this way, these would sync to the cloud... then to your android device.

ical can export existing calendars.. but i just checked... the file extension (ics) is something thats not supported by google calendar's import (csv). havnt really checked thoroughly though as of the moment.... there still might be a way.

You can import .ics in google calender.

INSTRUCTIONS: How to 3-Way Sync the iPhone, iCal, and Google Calendar - Calendar Help

I did this, but I then after importing the .ics into google calendar, I then got rid of my local calendar in ical, then I only use my caldav google calendar on my computer's ical. I now have two way sync between google calendar and icalendar.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

Thanks all!

You can import .ics in google calender.

INSTRUCTIONS: How to 3-Way Sync the iPhone, iCal, and Google Calendar - Calendar Help

I did this, but I then after importing the .ics into google calendar, I then got rid of my local calendar in ical, then I only use my caldav google calendar on my computer's ical. I now have two way sync between google calendar and icalendar.
    good find! will add this to the main post.

looks like salling sync can also sync photos apart from itunes!

Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Mac

ill try to review both salling sync and double twist by next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links