Please help a n00b out.

This is a discussion on Please help a n00b out. within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; In order for a2ext to work, you need to create an ext partition on your sd card. This will erase apk data on your card, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help a n00b out.

In order for a2ext to work, you need to create an ext partition on your sd card. This will erase apk data on your card, so back everything on your sd up to your pc first...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Holy crap...1.31gb...that's a lot of stuff. Backing up now.

Backup of SD card to PC complete. To create an ext partition on my SD card, can I do this through ROM manager?

Yes, or you can do it via recovery...

Ok, partitioned SD card, then I wiped data, then I installed Cyanogen. Everything seems to be working fine...can now move apps to sd card and back with ease...awesome!! Thanks for your help!

In order to get any real advantage from the ext partition, you need to install an a2ext script. My recommendation is Darktremors...

Here's a link to the file:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11996227/dta...alt-signed.zip

Just flash through recovery, reboot, then open Terminal Emulator on your phone and type the following commands:

su
    cd system/bin
    a2sd cachesdreset

This will move your dalvik to SD, and give you about 80mb more space.
    You probably also want to move all your installed apps to the ext partition, so again in Terminal Emulator, type in the following:

su
    cd system/bin
    a2sd reinstall

Cool. Worked perfectly. Now I have shat tons of free space! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Backup your apps and settings (Titanium, or similar)
    Backup your ROM (known as a nandroid, available via recovery our ROM Manager)

Don't use Clockwork 3.x

what's wrong with the Clockwork 3.x recovery i'm new so i just wanted to know for information... i used it and the only thing i noticed was that it didn't sticked on my phone every time i rebooted it disappeared then i had to flash it again...

other that this is there any possible way to backup all the data and applications (just like Titanium Backup does on a rooted phone) on an unrooted phone, or rooting is the only option....

A few people, myself included, suspect it has corrupted a few partitions. It's a real pain if your ext position gets screwed. Your phone won't work if your internal partitions get screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Backup your apps and settings (Titanium, or similar)
    Backup your ROM (known as a nandroid, available via recovery our ROM Manager)

Don't use Clockwork 3.x

what's wrong with the Clockwork 3.x recovery i'm new so i just wanted to know for information... i used it and the only thing i noticed was that it didn't sticked on my phone every time i rebooted it disappeared then i had to flash it again...

other that this is there any possible way to backup all the data and applications (just like Titanium Backup does on a rooted phone) on an unrooted phone, or rooting is the only option....
    I was wondering why my recovery kept on disappearing every time i reboot too until i found this...

"That is because you still have a stock recovery. You need to flash a custom recovery and make sure you delete or rename these two files (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/recovery-from-boot.p) before you reboot your device, otherwise, your custom recovery image will get over-written by the stock recovery after every reboot."

1st option: Change the file names so they don't overwrite clockwork
    2nd option: Flash the ROM (i.e. cyanogen) since i flashed to cyanogen it has remained my custom recovery

As far as backing up your data, easiest way is to root use Titanium and then make a nandroid backup from your custom recovery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links