Please help a n00b out.

This is a discussion on Please help a n00b out. within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Thanks a lot for helping kdizzle781 Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help a n00b out.

Thanks a lot for helping kdizzle781

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kdizzle781 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Backup your apps and settings (Titanium, or similar)
    Backup your ROM (known as a nandroid, available via recovery our ROM Manager)

Don't use Clockwork 3.x

what's wrong with the Clockwork 3.x recovery i'm new so i just wanted to know for information... i used it and the only thing i noticed was that it didn't sticked on my phone every time i rebooted it disappeared then i had to flash it again...

other that this is there any possible way to backup all the data and applications (just like Titanium Backup does on a rooted phone) on an unrooted phone, or rooting is the only option....
    I was wondering why my recovery kept on disappearing every time i reboot too until i found this...

"That is because you still have a stock recovery. You need to flash a custom recovery and make sure you delete or rename these two files (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/recovery-from-boot.p) before you reboot your device, otherwise, your custom recovery image will get over-written by the stock recovery after every reboot."

1st option: Change the file names so they don't overwrite clockwork
    2nd option: Flash the ROM (i.e. cyanogen) since i flashed to cyanogen it has remained my custom recovery

As far as backing up your data, easiest way is to root use Titanium and then make a nandroid backup from your custom recovery
    I flashed the cyanogen mod but still clockwork recovery disappeared. I haven't tried renaming those files you said before but I think that they will definitely solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kdizzle781 View Post

what's wrong with the Clockwork 3.x recovery i'm new so i just wanted to know for information... i used it and the only thing i noticed was that it didn't sticked on my phone every time i rebooted it disappeared then i had to flash it again...

other that this is there any possible way to backup all the data and applications (just like Titanium Backup does on a rooted phone) on an unrooted phone, or rooting is the only option....
    I was wondering why my recovery kept on disappearing every time i reboot too until i found this...

"That is because you still have a stock recovery. You need to flash a custom recovery and make sure you delete or rename these two files (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/recovery-from-boot.p) before you reboot your device, otherwise, your custom recovery image will get over-written by the stock recovery after every reboot."

1st option: Change the file names so they don't overwrite clockwork
    2nd option: Flash the ROM (i.e. cyanogen) since i flashed to cyanogen it has remained my custom recovery

As far as backing up your data, easiest way is to root use Titanium and then make a nandroid backup from your custom recovery
    I flashed the cyanogen mod but still clockwork recovery disappeared. I haven't tried renaming those files you said before but I think that they will definitely solve this problem.

My recommendation would be to open Rom Manager, and chose to "Flash alternate Recovery"

This will flash "Amon_Ra's Recovery" which is almost exactly like Clockwork and just as easy to use (I believe it is made by Cyanogen, could be wrong tho)

The only main difference is that you can't use any of Rom Managers perks (download rom, check for rom updates, install from QR Code, manage and restore backups, backup current rom... etc.)

You can just do all of that from within the recovery.

Since I "Flashed alternate recovery" from within Rom Manager I have never had another issue getting into Ra Recovery.

Good Luck!

Thanks again Kdizzle781

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links