Please help a n00b out.

This is a discussion on Please help a n00b out. within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Please help me. I have had my Nexus One for nearly a year now, bought it online with the 2-year T-mobile contract. Until recently, I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help a n00b out.

Thumbs up Please help a n00b out.

Please help me. I have had my Nexus One for nearly a year now, bought it online with the 2-year T-mobile contract. Until recently, I have had very few major problems.

But now I am having serious issues with storage. The Nexus's internal storage is awful! I have an 16gb sd card, and App2SD, which has moved as many of my apps over to the SD card as possible. But I am still running out of space (or rather, running below the 20mb limit) daily! I keep missing out on important text messages concerning my business whenever I accidentally dip below the 20mb mark. I have uninstalled all but about 20 apps that remain on the internal storage, and I really really need the 20 that are left.

So what I'm asking is - what are my options? I've heard that "rooting" your phone can give you unlimited storage or something like that? Is that a good idea? And how to I go about doing it? Or is there another possible way to fix my internal storage woes?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Rooting will allow you to run an apps2ext script, which is more efficient at running apps from the sd. An added bonus with the ext route is that you can also move your dalvik to sd, which is a huge improvement...

Read this, then ask questions:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/10940-simple-sdk-setup-manual-root-guide-windows.html

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Link didn't work...
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Flashing with ClockworkMod Recovery right now....this is the 2nd attempt...something about permissions failed the first time. We'll see if it works on attempt 2.

Thanks for your help, Danger-Rat, your instructions have been perfect so far!

No worries...
    Stay away from Clockwork Recovery 3.x

You can flash one of the older versions thought the Alternate Recoveries available with ROM Manager...

OK, ClockworkMod recovery successfully flashed. Now what?

Backup your apps and settings (Titanium, or similar)
    Backup your ROM (known as a nandroid, available via recovery our ROM Manager)

Don't use Clockwork 3.x

Damn, wish I woulda saw that "Don't flash clockwork 3.x" before I flashed it.

Flashing it isn't the problem, but using it is... xD

Just flash an older version.

Manage to flash Clockwork 2.5, just backed up current ROM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links