Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact)

This is a discussion on Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact) within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Now you can do what ever you want if you want to install a custom ROM go for it if you want to just keep ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact)

Now you can do what ever you want if you want to install a custom ROM go for it if you want to just keep your system the way it is and just use root privileges for root apps and such then go for it it's all your choice.

How do I know which are root apps?

Where do I go to get custom ROMS? What is a ROM? Any suggestions for a ROM, and what are the particular key features of the ROM?

Also, main issue I did this rooting thing is because the internal memory of the Nexus One is so small that I could no longer update my apps, and I got tire of it, and finally decided to do rooting thing. How do I now make my internal memory bigger if that is the way to word it?

Root apps are apps that will ask you for root permissions when you start them up, they will probably also specify it in the market description. Now custom ROMs there are lots and the best way to chose one is to look it up some are sense based some are AOSP based etc. Here are a list of the most popular ones http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...roms-list.html for a first ROM I always recommend cyanogen mod. To know how they work how to install them etc I recommend you do a little research that is the best way to learn. If you want a place to start here is a good one http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t=nexus+oracle

Thanks a lot for the links.

How much space does a Rom take? I can easily swap between different Roms?

Which one gives 720p video?

The ROM is saved on the system partition of your phone so you don't have to worry about it taking up allot of place on the phone the only thing is that if you flash allot of add-on scripts or integrate system app updates into the ROM then you may run out of room in the system partition.

AFAIK there are no Gingerbread ROMs that have 720p yet but if you go back to froyo then most of them have it.

Yes it is relatively easy to swap between different ROMs but it is not a one click process, to find out how to do it please read some of the info in the links I sent you.

I dont' know what's happening. I had flashed Cyanogen 7, and wanted to go back to stock, so in Rom Manager, I clicked Restore on the back-up. I'm not sure if this was the correct way to do it. Now the phone is looping on the Cyanogen Mod boot up screen over and over..

Help please.

If you want to return completely stock then use the passimg method. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

How do I install passimg on my phone when the phone doesn't boot up all the way? It just keeps on cycling the cyanogen boot animation.

From power off hold down the vol- button and you will boot into bootloader from there you will apply the passimg file (make sure it's on the SD card first).

It's not on the SD card anymore. I deleted the file. How do I get it on the card in my situation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links