Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact)

This is a discussion on Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact) within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; You'll need to take the card out from the phone and use an external card reader or another phone to put the file on it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Root Nexus One 2.3.4 (Bootloader Intact)

You'll need to take the card out from the phone and use an external card reader or another phone to put the file on it then put it back in the phone. If you don't have an external card reader try and boot into recovery if you can we'll use adb push to do it but a card reader is much simpler trust me.

Oka y, I don't why I didn't think of this earlier, but my new 16GB SD card came with a Micro SD adapter. I was able to copy the PASSIMG file, and now I'm back to stock. I guess I have to re-do the root process again though?

I am currently on 2.2. Does that mean I have to upgrade to 2.3.4 before using the method to root as earlier?

I can tell you how to root if you want I just need to know if you unlocked the bootloader yet (unlocked padlock at the :nexusx: screen).

No, it's not unlocked. Is there another method you prefer to root, or should I follow the steps in the guide in this thread again?

To root your best option without unlocking the bootloader from 2.2 is to use superoneclick rageagainstthecage method but for this you will need the drivers installed, if you don't already have them installed then follow the instruction in this thread http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98565

So technically, I could stop at Step 11. What is the point of doing steps 12-17?

That's if you want to go to 2.3.4 where there is no exploit all you have to do is root then flash the update and su so that you can keep root on the stock ROM but if you flash a custom ROM then you don't have to do those steps you just flash the ROM instead of the update and su.

Sorry for the late response haven't been available lately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links