Are there any 3rd Party Earbuds with remote available?

This is a discussion on Are there any 3rd Party Earbuds with remote available? within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; I'm a new user and new member. Love the phone, but have many questions already. The earbuds that come with the Nexus One are Ok, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any 3rd Party Earbuds with remote available?

Are there any 3rd Party Earbuds with remote available?

I'm a new user and new member. Love the phone, but have many questions already.

The earbuds that come with the Nexus One are Ok, but not to my taste. They are quite big so i can't get them into my ear far enough, so the volume isn't loud enough in crowded places.

The biggest drawback is no volume control on the remote. Don't like having to reach into my pocket every time I want to adjust the volume.

Any third party solutions yet? Where to buy and how much?

Cheers,

Justin

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Tons of options. Jabra is my personal favorite. I just bought an actual Jabra bluetooth headset (Jabra Halo) which I use in my office. It's also a great set of wireless headphones.

While I'm out I use the BT530 Jabra Noise Blackout Smart Series bluetooth earbud. They both have noise cancellation and crystal clear call quality.

The Halo was $99, the earbud I really can't remember, but around $60 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by cadams05 View Post
    Tons of options. Jabra is my personal favorite. I just bought an actual Jabra bluetooth headset (Jabra Halo) which I use in my office. It's also a great set of wireless headphones.

While I'm out I use the BT530 Jabra Noise Blackout Smart Series bluetooth earbud. They both have noise cancellation and crystal clear call quality.

Thanks for the info...do these earphones have a remote with
    mic (for answering calls) and volume control? Those are two important features for me.

Cheers

That's the idea.......

Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Go to their web-site and check out the features if you'd like to know all the good details. Google search "Jabra Halo" "Jabra BT530"

Quote Originally Posted by just999in View Post

Thanks for the info...do these earphones have a remote with
    mic (for answering calls) and volume control? Those are two important features for me.

Cheers

[QUOTE=cadams05;15950]Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Are you sure the romote and mic are compatible with the Nexus One? Does the software on the phone support it?

I know when I had my iPhone, some mics made from other companies wouldn't work unless they were specifically designed for the iPhone.

Cheers

I use them both daily, they work.

When you say remote, let me make sure that you are referring to a standard bluetooth setup. If so, yes they work on the Nexus One, I use them daily, they work great. Paring is snap, it just works, you don't have to do any special tricks, plug and play basically. Best buy has a 30 day return policy for any reason, if you don't like them take them back and try another brand. Planetronics is another good brand I've used.

Bose also makes some good equipment.

[quote=just999in;16109]
    Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Are you sure the romote and mic are compatible with the Nexus One? Does the software on the phone support it?

I know when I had my iPhone, some mics made from other companies wouldn't work unless they were specifically designed for the iPhone.

Cheers

[QUOTE=cadams05;16117]When you say remote, let me make sure that you are referring to a standard bluetooth setup. If so, yes they work on the Nexus One, I use them daily, they work great.

No, I'm actually reffering to the volume play/pause control and mic that are connected to the wire of the earbuds that come with the Nexus One. The earphones that ship with the Nexus One are rather crappy and don't have volume control either.

Are there any 3rd party earphones with volume control, play/pause/answer call button, and mic attached to the cord that will work on the phone? (non-bluetooth)

Cheers

Sorry for leading you down the path of 3 or 4 posts on this. Understand you're looking for a wired solution now. Check out the link below, you may like the ear buds on this web site. I have very small ears too and any of the standard designs kill my ears. Good luck.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

Cut and past this link, I just noticed an ad for these ear buds when I launched the Nexus One forum site.

Sorry for leading you down the path of 3 or 4 posts on this. Understand you're looking for a wired solution now. Check out the link below, you may like the ear buds on this web site. I have very small ears too and any of the standard designs kill my ears. Good luck.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

Cut and past this link, I just noticed an ad for these ear buds when I launched the Nexus One forum site.
    Thanks,

Unfortunately, the volume and music control probably won't work with the Nexus One. I need wireless earphones with a volume control, pause/play, and built-in mic.

Quote Originally Posted by just999in View Post
    I need wireless earphones with a volume control, pause/play, and built-in mic.
    There have been several comments to say that iPhone wired headsets work. You could test this at an Apple Store

Certainly post your results.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links