Turn on N1 w/o using Power Button

This is a discussion on Turn on N1 w/o using Power Button within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; For those who find the power button awkward to use, I discovered if I am using the clock application when I turn off the phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn on N1 w/o using Power Button

Turn on N1 w/o using Power Button

For those who find the power button awkward to use, I discovered if I am using the clock application when I turn off the phone that I can just press the trackball (or the volume buttons, if preferred) to wake the phone up quickly.

I find this a huge timesaver during the day as I don't have to use the power on/slider combo thing. Works great for those times you don't need to worry about accidental button presses.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    For those who find the power button awkward to use, I discovered if I am using the clock application when I turn off the phone that I can just press the trackball (or the volume buttons, if preferred) to wake the phone up quickly.

I find this a huge timesaver during the day as I don't have to use the power on/slider combo thing. Works great for those times you don't need to worry about accidental button presses.

I tried this out yesterday, but ultimately found that having to open the clock application prior to turning off the screen is pretty much just as tedious as pushing the power button and sliding the unlock button. I really wish there was some setting that let us turn the screen back on by pressing the trackball (without having to open the clock app), even if you still had to slide the unlock button.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaRoos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

I tried this out yesterday, but ultimately found that having to open the clock application prior to turning off the screen is pretty much just as tedious as pushing the power button and sliding the unlock button. I really wish there was some setting that let us turn the screen back on by pressing the trackball (without having to open the clock app), even if you still had to slide the unlock button.
    Agreed! I think that if everyone suggested this on the google official forums, that the google employees would notice it as an important aspect of daily usage and would find ways to implement it into the Nexus One.

thats one thing i miss from my iphone is waking up the phone with the center button and double clicking it as a shortcut to the music player....

I can only hope Google is realizing this is a legitimate request and will actually work on it. It 'seems' like it would be an easy fix, and since Google has been so responsive with many other issues, maybe this will come in the next firmware update...

i don't mind pressing power button. when i had iPhone one of the most annoying thing was phone calls someone by itself in my pocket.

I never had that issue with Nexus One past month. I'm happy that it doesn't call people randomly by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    i don't mind pressing power button. when i had iPhone one of the most annoying thing was phone calls someone by itself in my pocket.

I never had that issue with Nexus One past month. I'm happy that it doesn't call people randomly by itself.

Not really sure I understand how that could happen. Capacitive touch screens require input from a finger (or other body part) or a 'charged' stylus. How could your iPhone or any other capacitive-screened phone make calls from your pocket?

Either way, this would not be an issue with the Nexus One. Even if pressing the trackball allowed you to turn the screen on, you'd still have to physically slide the unlock bar before committing any further operations. I still say we need this functionality.

I would LOVE this feature... That is the one thing thats really been annoying me... In the beginning, I used to hit the trackball to wake it up ALL the time, constantly forgetting that this was not my iPod touch...

Trackball to 'wake' phone from standby - Android Forums

Someone in this thread said that LockBot works.

how to repair/change the power button

Hi,

Do you know how to repair/change the power button yourself without sending to customer service ?

I don't mind to pay but i don't want to stay even one day without my phone !

Thanks.

ps: also, do you know any application that will let met simulate the power button to restart or choose airplane mode ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links