How to make N1 silent?

This is a discussion on How to make N1 silent? within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Hello everyone I barely got my phone a week ago, I am still playing around with it but I believe I played enough to figure ...

Thread: How to make N1 silent?

How to make N1 silent?

Hello everyone

I barely got my phone a week ago, I am still playing around with it but I believe I played enough to figure out the basic functions.

What I cant figure out, (and before I have posted this thread, I tried searching for the answer on GOOGLE and here) is what are all the ways to silence the N1?

The two ways I know how are from the home/locked screen, slide the button to the left and when the phone is unlocked, push the volume button all the way down.

but when I turned on the "security/pass code" for the phone, I saw that there was no option to quickly make the phone on silent. Does anybody have any idea how? or am I just going to have to lower the volume manually every time?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Junior Member ericmak8_nexusone's Avatar

Make N1 slient

Hi, Use an app. "Flip-Silent" to get into silent mode w/o any effort and you may put the phone screen-down to silence it. Take it back to switch to normal mode.
    You may get this from the Market and more importantly, this is free. FANTASTIC.
    Eric from HK

when on home screen, Volume down button all the way until the screen shows the speaker with an X next to it.

everything will be silent, even the camera when you take pictures. the shutter sound will not go off.

or when on lock screen, press the yellow circle with the speaker with an X next to it all the way over to the left.

EDIT: i didnt read completely what you wrote. i think the above mentioned ways are the only way. or i guess the app that eric posted.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Pressing the on/off/sleep button slightly longer when the phone is on and select "Silent mode" from the phone option popup menu. At least that is how I was doing it before meetings, but that flip-silent app just mentioned here sounds worth checking out.

I turn all my sound off by flicking the grey speaker button towards the left...this is on the main screen right next to the unlock button....I activate the screen then flick the speaker button toward the left and it will turn yellow and little text script will display saying "sound is off" or on...do the same to turn back on....

thanks for the replies everyone.

and Erik, I will check that app out, that looks promising. i know the HD2 has the ability to do that and I was impressed!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links