Exiting Browser

This is a discussion on Exiting Browser within the Staging forums, part of the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's category; Is there a quick way to exit the standard app browser? i.e. I am on one page and navigate from that page to another, then ...

Thread: Exiting Browser

Exiting Browser

Is there a quick way to exit the standard app browser?
    i.e. I am on one page and navigate from that page to another, then to another...
    When I want to exit the browser I have to hit the back key back through all those pages (and sometimes I get into some serious reading and webpage browsing and I am hitting the back button for 5 minutes it seems to close the browser)

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Tap the home soft key.

Thanks for the reply

But three more questions come up.
    1. I was under the impression that if I tap the Home Soft Key from an open app that it still leaves the app running and just shows the home screen. Is that correct?
    a. If yes, then I am not exiting the app and my question is unanswered.
    b. If no, then when I tap the Home Soft Key to get to the home screen and close browser; why the next time I open the browser it opens to the page I was last on? Am I missing a setting for it to go back to the home page?

What Happened

Just checking in, I haven't received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    But three more questions come up.
    1. I was under the impression that if I tap the Home Soft Key from an open app that it still leaves the app running and just shows the home screen. Is that correct?
    a. If yes, then I am not exiting the app and my question is unanswered.
    b. If no, then when I tap the Home Soft Key to get to the home screen and close browser; why the next time I open the browser it opens to the page I was last on? Am I missing a setting for it to go back to the home page?

Ans:

1) Yes

2a) If you really want to see / stop apps running on your phone, I would try a market app like 'Process Monitor'.

I'm sure there are other market apps, but you get the drift.

thanks

Thanks for your reply and help. I appreciate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links