Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with T-Mobile? Stop here first

This is a discussion on Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with T-Mobile? Stop here first within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; For those ordering the nexus one on an existing account, there are a few things to know ahead of time. These are my views and ...

Thread: Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with T-Mobile? Stop here first

Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with T-Mobile? Stop here first

For those ordering the nexus one on an existing account, there are a few things to know ahead of time. These are my views and from what I have learned by working with T-Mobile in the past and reading the forum posts.

Before you get the great deal of $279.00 for the phone as an upgrade to your existing account, make sure the following is correct on your T-Mobile account:
    1.) Check upgrade eligibility first off by both checking your MyT-Mobile account by signing in at www.Mytmobile.com and try to upgrade to a new phone without actually doing it. If it allows you the opportunity then we are on our way to ordering the Nexus one.
    2.) From here if you qualify, call T-Mobile and check to make sure that it isn't the 11 contract month (11 months in current contract) upgrade that you are eligible for because this upgrade only allows for T-Mobile branded handsets to be upgraded and will cause issues ion ordering the Nexus One.
    3.) Ensure you qualify for the upgrade that you will receive at 22 contract months (22 months in current contract). This should allow for Google's check out recognizing this and allowing for the full discount and you will receive the Nexus at $279.00 plus tax.
    SPECIAL NOTES:
    There have been reports on the forums that I have seen that Google check out doesn't recognize eligibility during the ordering process and will tell you that you only qualify for the $529.00 order.
    If this is the case I would give it about one week to two weeks (painful to wait I know) AFTER your 22 months into contract and call T-Mobile to verify dates. It does take some time for T-Mobile to configure their system. (This does not include flex-pay or prepaid accounts, as they do not qualify for existing customer discount due to contractual obligations)
    The spotty or no Data issue you might see elsewhere in the forums can be resolved sometimes by ensuring you have the right data plan on the account. No matter what plan you have, 3g will likely show but you wont be able to connect properly if you don't have the Android data feature on account. So this is definitely worth the call to T-Mobile
    Family Plans are also not eligible at this time, and upgrading accounts seems to only work with single line accounts from what I have been seeing and hearing.
    NEW LINE OF SERVICE:
    To see if you qualify for the $179.00 Nexus One purchase (requires a New 2yr contract line of service) with T-Mobile, simply call T-Mobile and ask to talk to activations. T-Mobiles Activations can run your social and tell you on the spot if you qualify. If you donít qualify for a new account then unfortunately you will have to pay the $529.00 for the phone.

NOTE:
    For a NEW line of service you must not be in bad standing with T-Mobile and no current existing account.
    When you get the plan and your number call into T-Mobile and ENSURE you have the right data plan and features on your account to allow for proper data usage, which is required for most of the features on the phone.

Either way when you get the phone you should be pleasantly pleased as many on here to include myself have been. It's an awesome Phone and is growing to become a very popular device.

When you order this Phone If you don't like it, you have 14 days to return for full refund (30 days In California).

This is from my own findings and I donít want to be responsible if these conditions change in the future, and I am not Google and donít have the power to make changes unless someone has a magic wand to lend me.

Hope this clears some things up, and answers some questions
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi,

I am new to the nexus one so I guess I have a lot of questions.

I currently have Motorola Razr V3, old I know, and am on a family plan (with no data service) with T-Mobile. I am also way past my 22 month contract.

Are you saying that I can get the phone for $279 and not $529? Basically, I want the phone without any monthly data plan, I just want to continue using it on my family account.

If that's not the case, I am willing to pay $529, but will that mean I can have the phone without a data plan and my family plan only and it will work fine? I have T-Mobile already so I figure it would work.

Thanks so much.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links