Wanting to switch to Tmobile for Nexus

This is a discussion on Wanting to switch to Tmobile for Nexus within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I am a current verizon customer that lives in Chicago and wants to switch to the Nexus one for Tmobile because I am sick and ...

Thread: Wanting to switch to Tmobile for Nexus

Wanting to switch to Tmobile for Nexus

I am a current verizon customer that lives in Chicago and wants to switch to the Nexus one for Tmobile because I am sick and tired of the games that verizon is playing with this phone. I want to hear from people who have switched from verizon and if they are happy with their decision. If your in Chicago I would love to hear how you would rate Tmobile's service.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i had t-mobile in new york and it was horrible. i never had more then one or two bars.

I came from Verizon to T-Mo because I couldn't wait for the Nexus to come to Verizon. I had to have it NOW. Verizon was ok, and the phones were ok, but every one was locked into their own apps. Yes they have the most coverage, but I need more than that. I didn't know what I was missing until I switched. I get much better call quality. Way more ways to customize the phone. The best thing I found was the plans. No contracts, and excellent service. I had a corporate discount of 17% with Verizon. I'm paying $20 a month LESS with T-Mo for the exact same plan details. I live in Orlando FL, and I always get full bars for voice, and 3G. With Verizon I was lucky to get full bars once a month. Sure Verizon may be everywhere, but they don't always have the best coverage where they are. In my opinion I wouldn't think about ever changing back. T-Mo 4 life!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    I came from Verizon to T-Mo because I couldn't wait for the Nexus to come to Verizon. I had to have it NOW. Verizon was ok, and the phones were ok, but every one was locked into their own apps. Yes they have the most coverage, but I need more than that. I didn't know what I was missing until I switched. I get much better call quality. Way more ways to customize the phone. The best thing I found was the plans. No contracts, and excellent service. I had a corporate discount of 17% with Verizon. I'm paying $20 a month LESS with T-Mo for the exact same plan details. I live in Orlando FL, and I always get full bars for voice, and 3G. With Verizon I was lucky to get full bars once a month. Sure Verizon may be everywhere, but they don't always have the best coverage where they are. In my opinion I wouldn't think about ever changing back. T-Mo 4 life!
    bobbyphoenix, what part of orlando, fl do you live in or do you live in the city itself? You do not have to say it if you don't want, but I live close to Orlando (bout 30 mins away) and was wondering if my 3G speeds will be the same as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomrsharma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    bobbyphoenix, what part of orlando, fl do you live in or do you live in the city itself? You do not have to say it if you don't want, but I live close to Orlando (bout 30 mins away) and was wondering if my 3G speeds will be the same as yours.
    I'm East Orlando. By Valencia College and UCF area. My 3G speeds are averaging 768KB download, and 430KB upload. Wifi is 1.5MB download, and 1.5MB upload. I ran Speedtest.net several times (about 10 each) and averaged them together.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i had t-mobile in new york and it was horrible. i never had more then one or two bars.
    I would have gotten Nexus One one Tmobile and the thought of going through what I did with them two years ago is is scary. I couldnt get coverage from my office in midtown. Lex and 48 street of ll place, and I switched to Verizon, more money but superb coverage. I'm no more at that location and a former colleague swear his mother that the Tmo coverage in that area has improved 100%. My wife is using Tmo BB9700 and loving it (no pun). I'm switching back next wednesday if Verizon continue their silliness.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links