Family Plan on T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Family Plan on T-Mobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Okay, I know, this whole family plan on T-Mobile fiasco has been going on for some time now with what appears to be no clear ...

Thread: Family Plan on T-Mobile

Family Plan on T-Mobile

Okay, I know, this whole family plan on T-Mobile fiasco has been going on for some time now with what appears to be no clear answer. Some people claim they can order two subsidized individual plan phones and then call t-mobile to have them merged into a family plan, some say this does NOT work, and some say that will work as long as you wait 120 days.

Can someone PLEASE give me the definitive answer on this?

By the way, I am NOT currently a T-Mob customer.

One other thing, I just talked to a T-Mobile representative who said she CONFIRMED with her supervisor that you can get two individual plan subsidized phones and then call back to merge into a family plan without penalty. Even with this confirmation I still don't believe it. I'd like to hear from others that have actually done this successfully.

also here's a transcript from a chat with a t-mobile rep. Thoughts on this?

------------------

ME: I am currently NOT a T-mobile customer
    ME: but I am considering joining T-mobile
    ME: I am interested in purchasing 2 Nexus One phones, that I know I need to purchase through the google website
    _Joshua P: Yes.
    ME: I would like to order them at the subsidized price. This requires getting and individual plan
    ME: there appears to be no option for a family plan
    ME: I am trying to understand if I can order them on individual plans then then switch to the family plan without incurring a penalty or cancellation fee
    _Joshua P: That is correct.
    ME: what is correct?
    _Joshua P: There is no family plan option until after you purchase both phones. You can contact T-Mobile after you get those phones to convert to an Even More Family plan.
    ME: and there is NO penalty or cancellation fee for that conversion?
    ME: even within the first 120 days of service?
    _Joshua P: No.
    ME: I've read elsewhere that google's terms and conditions say you can't make changes within the first 120 days
    ME: are you SURE there is no issue?
    ME: I've heard horror stories all over the internet from other people like me who were told this wouldn't be an issue and then after purchasing the phones were unable to convert to a family plan.
    ME: So I just need some 100% assurances here
    _Joshua P: I don't work for Google, so I can't tell you how they would chargeback on the Google account. All of our information allows you to convert to an Even More Family plan without fees.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Judging by purely from what the CRS told you...

It almost sounds like he's telling you either...

1. Buy the two phones individually using the subsidized option. When you get both phones, call Tmobile to convert both in to a single family plan.

2. Buy the two phones unsubsidized. Call Tmobile to activate a family plan for the two phones.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Judging by purely from what the CRS told you...

It almost sounds like he's telling you either...

1. Buy the two phones individually using the subsidized option. When you get both phones, call Tmobile to convert both in to a single family plan.

2. Buy the two phones unsubsidized. Call Tmobile to activate a family plan for the two phones.
    #2 is what i did. 2 phones on the EVEN MORE PLUS PLAN w/ 750 mins + unlimited text + unlimited data=$109.99/per month for 2 lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

I was on a Family Plan before wanting to get the Nexus. I changed over to 2 individual plans in order to get the N1. I was advised that I can change over to a Family Plan (i'm eligible for Unlimited Customer Loyalty Family plan) once I get the phone. I get the phone today.

All they told me was that google would be charging me an extra 50.00 b/c i'm upgrading my plan within the 120 days. I spoke to 3 different reps before getting the phone to make sure I can do this.

I'd rather pay the 50.00 than overages that will occur on these individual plans.

Update: I got the phone and already changed over to the unlimited Family Plan! No Problems!!!!

Added insurance as well.

So if you are on a family plan that shares minutes and what not, you can call T-Mobile and have them switch just your line out of your family plan into an individual line, then you can get the N1 at the $279 upgrade pricing on an individual line, then T-Mo will switch your line back into your family plan right when you get the N1, without any fees or charges or anything..??

Yah the thing is when you get the N1 through the Google website , the state that in order to get that $179 price of the Nexus you have to be on that cheap price plan w. only 500 min, lets face it those min are wayyyy to low. so yes u can call T-mobile and change it any time u want, because we dont require u to have that low plan, Google requires you too keep the plan for 120 days OTHERWISE they will and CAN charge u for that change because that is what is in the agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestfilipina View Post
    Yah the thing is when you get the N1 through the Google website , the state that in order to get that $179 price of the Nexus you have to be on that cheap price plan w. only 500 min, lets face it those min are wayyyy to low. so yes u can call T-mobile and change it any time u want, because we dont require u to have that low plan, Google requires you too keep the plan for 120 days OTHERWISE they will and CAN charge u for that change because that is what is in the agreement.
    Just to clarify...TMO will always UPGRADE from your contracted plan, and you'll suffer no ETF, but you must wait 120 days to DOWNGRADE your contracted plan to avoid the ETF.

So I think I'm on a family plan now, we share minutes and have like an unlimited texting for everyone kinda thing. I also have the 5.99 t-zones internet for my iPhone.

If I wanna get the 179 price by switching to a single-line plan and then switching back to my family plan, what do I have to do??

Also, what is the cheapest plan to get 100% unlimited full 3G internet and unlimited texting?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links