Question about connection

This is a discussion on Question about connection within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'm getting my n1 tomorrow. I also switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. I currently live in California (SoCal, specifically laguna beach) and I'm wondering what ...

Thread: Question about connection

Question about connection

I'm getting my n1 tomorrow. I also switched from Verizon to T-Mobile.

I currently live in California (SoCal, specifically laguna beach) and I'm wondering what the reception is like in my area.

Is there anyone on here that lives near me or in bordering cities who already have either T-mobile or a combination of the n1 and T-mobile? I'd like to ask what the service is like.

Coming from verizon, I had basically 3g everywhere I went, minus remote areas, and I was hoping I would be getting something similar? If not, can someone give me an accurate review of the coverage? Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

On the Tmobile website, they have a coverage map that you can plug your address into and it will show you your data coverage.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I know that. I also know that those maps don't properly depict correct information. I'm asking for personal opinions, not a companies bias on their own network.

Quote Originally Posted by pankirk View Post
    I know that. I also know that those maps don't properly depict correct information. I'm asking for personal opinions, not a companies bias on their own network.
    I've found their maps to be quite accurate, especially along the I80 corridor..where they show 3G lapsing to EDGE is exactly where I lose streaming audio every morning. Their maps cannot be accurate for physiical signal blockages, like downtown SF FiDi with skyscrapers (shows 3G on the map), tunnels, and small mountainous obstructions (base of Telegraph Hill is almost a dead zone for example). The maps were generated by testing signals in the field, and are reasonably accurate.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links