No 3G Connection on T-Mobile

This is a discussion on No 3G Connection on T-Mobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have to unlocked Nexus Ones bought directly from Google. I've had them for a month. They've worked fine up until yesterday. BOTH N1s lost ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No 3G Connection on T-Mobile

No 3G Connection on T-Mobile

I have to unlocked Nexus Ones bought directly from Google. I've had them for a month. They've worked fine up until yesterday. BOTH N1s lost reception. It says "No Service - Emergency Calls Only". When I try to place a call, it says "Not Resisted on Network" I've called T-Mobile, who say to towers are not down, but they'll send a tech, who called to confirm all is good on the towers. TMobile does not believe it's the SIM cards.
    If I leave the area the n1 works fine with 3g connection.
    It is my phone!? Google says it's not my phone and it's T-Mobiles problem. T-Mobile says it's my phone! I feel I'm just getting the run around.

ETA: When I go to Settings>Networks>Check mark Use 2G only I can make calls and get Edge.

Anyone have any idea?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check the coverage in your area. Most likely you're on the edge of moderate coverage. I've experienced the same issue but it's because of where I live and my closest tower. Hate to say but unless they put a tower closer to you your issue will not improve. I've worked through the problem with a wifi connection at home and let the phone default to 2G for calls. I get a block away from home and I have solid bars and 3G service, it's just my location.

I started experiencing same issue yesterday.. I have full bars, 3G shows up, however I can't make calls. I switched my SIM card to my old phone that doesn't know what 3g is, and it was calling fine.. So it has something to do when the phone is working with conjunction with 3g. I tried to switch it to 2G like you have, and it worked fine, but when unchecking it, same issue, internet - yes (sometimes hard to connect though) calls - no.
    I am not sure if it's the hardware issue or what..

Last night I started experiencing the same thing. Now today my phone won't work unless I select 2G only. When I unselect 2G only, it finds 3G and then completely loses all signal. I thought that maybe Tmobile was having 3G issues in the area but since I'm on tzones and have/had full 3G speeds I don't want to call them lol. Hoping it works itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by FranktheTank View Post
    Last night I started experiencing the same thing. Now today my phone won't work unless I select 2G only. When I unselect 2G only, it finds 3G and then completely loses all signal. I thought that maybe Tmobile was having 3G issues in the area but since I'm on tzones and have/had full 3G speeds I don't want to call them lol. Hoping it works itself out.
    I live in Orlando, and I started experiencing problems like Wednesday night and my coverage area is pretty good.

Same problem

I'm in Massachusetts, having the same problem, except SMS and calls work fine (those of you having problems with this: are you using Google Voice for calls/texts? My actual phone/SMS features work, but obviously not through Google Voice without web connection).

3G network shows up, arrows (up and down) both blink, but the phone doesn't show any internet connection. 2G-Only setting works, as does WiFi. Contacted T-Mo three times and GN1 support once. Both pointed fingers at each other. T-Mobile told me there is no network problem in my area, that it has nothing to do with their SIM card or network, and that it's Google's issue. Google guy said the phone obviously works because it connects to both 2G and WiFi, said it's a T-Mobile network issue.

This has been going on for almost a week now. Has anyone had any resolution to this problem? This is extremely frustrating.

Kick

Kick because it sucks. :/

Re: Sudden 3g Connectivity Problem - T-Mobile Community

same here. no resolution. going on a month w/o 3g. 3 trouble tickets and they always point the finger at the n1.

there has to be a common issue affecting certain towers. like others i have an issue with 1 specific tower.....3g works fine everywhere else......and 3g used to work fine in my area up until recently.

TMobile

TMobile forums have been getting some attention: Sudden 3g Connectivity Problem - T-Mobile Community

Hmmm..from that thread is seems it *could* be a precursor to HSPA+!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links