Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

This is a discussion on Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow! within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Blue1k 3G+ is not always that slow. On my Nexus One on Telus (3G+ carrier) my speedtest is almost 4000kbps download and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
    3G+ is not always that slow. On my Nexus One on Telus (3G+ carrier) my speedtest is almost 4000kbps download and sometimes it is even faster than that!

Remember cellular internet data download speeds are dependent on your proximity to a tower and how many users are actually accessing a tower at one time.

Maybe you are in a bad area
    Tmob coverage rates me in between fastest and mobile area (middle color)

Sounds like you are in a speedy area, haven't gotten over 1000 yet

1mb is certainly fast enough to load pages quickly. What sites are you having trouble with, specifically? It could be serverside, or perhaps a DNS server change could speed things up...

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    ... it is way too slow to be productive with my business when I am out of the office.
    ...not wait 10 minutes for a page to load up.
    If web pages really are taking 10 minutes to load, then I don't blame you for being upset.

I get excellent speed on T-Mo in San Diego. Most web pages take no more than 2 - 3 seconds.

I was exaggerating on the 10 minutes, but sometimes it takes a few minutes to load a page and the page doesn't even have any flash or videos embedded or lots of images

do you ever get speed that is the same as wi-fi? On my phone, it's like night and day in speed difference, is it always going to be like this?
    to directly answer your question. more than likely it will be this way. especially if you have fast wifi (12mbps or better.)
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Wifi down and use another browser.

I know it kind of dumb to answer your question by suggesting to turn off wifi when you are using 3G. In my case, sometime when wifi signal got low, the phone got confused, and pages took longer to load. You might want to try other browsers such as Delphine HD(my favorite), skyfire, opera, and Xscope from app market (all free) to see if your speed varied, if you haven't try it yet.

Looks like it was the fact that I was indoors that the connection speed was greatly affected. Every time I go out of the house, I get 3G signal and the speed is much better and faster, like it should be. Sometimes the signal is fine inside the house but most of the time I only get a couple of bars.
    I use wi-fi inside the house anyways which is always better so it's not a problem unless I am in someone else's house and I need to do research on the internet.

I started using dolphin browser and I love it. The pinch zoom is great.

BB and iPhone user, complete newbie to android. I'm thinking of finally getting N1. Have read that downloading emails on N1 with TMO is slow, even with 3G coverage? l know this is problem with my iPhone, nothing beats the BB.

Will I be disappointed with Nexus One? Appreciate the feedback.

I live in Albuquerque New Mexico, and I have a Nexus one with Android 2.2 on it, and have ran the speed test in many locations and have gotten anywhere from 80kbps to 1360kbps in different areas of Albuquerque alone, but on average it's between 300 and 600kbps so it works well for me, plus I tether my phone to my computer and use internet that way all the time and it's nothing compared to DSL but it is much faster then dial-up and is usable I would have to say your in a bad area mate.

To the previous poster, No you won't be disappointed if you can still get a Nexus One Especially with the new Android Updates, the Phone is Amazing and puts the iPhone to shame! I have had mine since the Nexus One Launch and have loved it! The only drawback is you need to protect it, drop it on it's screen on a hard surface and it's gonna crack, I am on my second Nexus One and have the the same thing with Both, Thank goodness for insurance, but now it is a lot cheaper to fix then insurance so still the Nexus One is still a Winner in my book.

Your speeds are slow, you should be around 2mb or 2000 kb or better. When you run test don't use slowest test setting, use the 5mb one or the one right below it.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links