Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

This is a discussion on Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow! within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I just got a nexus one and upgraded my Tmobile plan to have the internet service. I use the internet a lot for my business ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

I just got a nexus one and upgraded my Tmobile plan to have the internet service. I use the internet a lot for my business and needed a "mobile" way to access the internet. So I figured the nexus one with the internet plan from Tmobile would do the trick.

When I tried going on the internet from the N1, I quickly noticed that the loading times were so slow and to the point of ridiculously slow.

Is the internet supposed to be this slow? When I switch to Wifi inside my house, I get blazing speeds just like my laptop,but switching back to 3G Tmobile data service, it is way too slow to be productive with my business when I am out of the office.

Do all phone internet service plans behave this way: really slow??

I'm feeling that I've wasted money on the phone and the extra money for the internet plan because it is not going to help me in my business the way I need it to.
    I need to be able to do research on something right away before making purchases, not wait 10 minutes for a page to load up. I don't have that kind of time or patience.

Is there a way to get the speed faster? According to Tmobile map coverage, I am in a good area.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have that problem sometimes but normally it is fast
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

Welcome electricblue73!

To manually set 3g:

Go to phone > dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and choose WCMA Only.

This will keep you on 3G and force a better speed. If by chance you roam out of 3G coverage & find you need EDGE, you can easily switch back to WCMA Preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    Is there a way to get the speed faster? According to Tmobile map coverage, I am in a good area.
    Have you tried a speedtest? It's a little more objective than "It's slow".

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Have you tried a speedtest? It's a little more objective than "It's slow".
    No I don't know how to do a speed test. How do you do this? (sorry for not knowing how)

Is it a fact that phone provider data internet service will never be as fast as Wifi?

I'm so used to Wifi that the difference in speed seems magnified.

I installed the speedtest.net app and ran the test.
    The results:
    Test 1:
    675kbps=download
    374kbps=upload

Test 2:

994 download
    461 upload

Test 3:
    743 download
    386 upload

Re: Just Got Nexus One with Tmobile internet data plan: slow!

Im getting about the same downstream on tmob 3g but my upload is around 700kbps.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

... it is way too slow to be productive with my business when I am out of the office.
    ...not wait 10 minutes for a page to load up.
    If web pages really are taking 10 minutes to load, then I don't blame you for being upset.

I get excellent speed on T-Mo in San Diego. Most web pages take no more than 2 - 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    ... it is way too slow to be productive with my business when I am out of the office.
    ...not wait 10 minutes for a page to load up.
    If web pages really are taking 10 minutes to load, then I don't blame you for being upset.

I get excellent speed on T-Mo in San Diego. Most web pages take no more than 2 - 3 seconds.

I was exaggerating on the 10 minutes, but sometimes it takes a few minutes to load a page and the page doesn't even have any flash or videos embedded or lots of images

do you ever get speed that is the same as wi-fi? On my phone, it's like night and day in speed difference, is it always going to be like this?

3G+ is not always that slow. On my Nexus One on Telus (3G+ carrier) my speedtest is almost 4000kbps download and sometimes it is even faster than that!

Remember cellular internet data download speeds are dependent on your proximity to a tower and how many users are actually accessing a tower at one time.

Maybe you are in a bad area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links