Hspa+

This is a discussion on Hspa+ within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by ak808 So in hawaii it says that we have hspa live right now but I didn't really believe it. I would get ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hspa+

Quote Originally Posted by ak808 View Post
    So in hawaii it says that we have hspa live right now but I didn't really believe it. I would get about 1400kbs around town but yesterday my gf just got the new vibrant and we did a side by side speed test. I couldn't believe that she was getting constant 3500-4500kbs speeds while I got 1400-1600 speeds. Anyone know why her phone seems to play well with the signal and mines doesn't?
    really? i just might have to take a second look at the vibrant...

Quote Originally Posted by blitz911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ak808 View Post
    So in hawaii it says that we have hspa live right now but I didn't really believe it. I would get about 1400kbs around town but yesterday my gf just got the new vibrant and we did a side by side speed test. I couldn't believe that she was getting constant 3500-4500kbs speeds while I got 1400-1600 speeds. Anyone know why her phone seems to play well with the signal and mines doesn't?
    really? i just might have to take a second look at the vibrant...
    yeah my N1 doesn't seem to be any faster. seems like our speeds out here on the islands completely SUCK compared to what people seem to be getting on the mainland.

i'm not a huge fan of samsung, btw. not to mention that the vibrant doesn't event have a camera. seriously, what phone doesn't come with a camera feature in this day... i'd just opt for a G2.

Had the g2 but returned it...could barely get 2Mbps down when I was in town..so in ewa I'd get regular 3g speeds. Its a nice phone though, good solid build, lil quicker than my OC'd nexus...the vibrant comes with a 5MP cam, just no flash...

ah. ok...my bad on the camera/flash...
    i wouldn't mind 2mbps actually....just did a speed test on my N1 and i'm getting 0.16 mbps right in downtown. pathetic. either my phone is busted or this speed test is....
    so what do you own now? the vibrant?
    was thinking about getting my father a G2 for his birthday. he wanted an N1 but waited a week too long...lol

Actually my gf vibrant has a cool camera. Its able to take panoramic photos. Only thing that sucks is that it doesn't have froyo. If your dad is looking for nexus I have a replacement coming in soon that I would sell if the price is right. Think ill use my old g1 till the mytouchHD comes out

The lady manager at the Tmobile store I returned my g2 to said the mytouch Hd is supposedly getting released early next month...now that's a phone I wouldn't mind getting...hopefully no missing internal memory like the g2, and we get close to the full 4gb..

@ak808 - i'll probably buy a phone for him, but he's out of the country for at least another 2 months, so i won't be picking anything up till he returns.

@blitz - i thought the g2 had 4gb internal? wish the N1 had something similar. i'm constantly running out of memory. the apps to sd feature is practically useless, especially since all the heavy apps can't be moved to sd in the first place... sorry, it's a bit of a thorn on my side...lol ... that and the fact that i get such low data transfer rates.

what's the mytouch hd running? android? or windows?

The g2 supposed to have 4gb internal memory but the only 1.2gb is available for use but its more than enough..I had like 60+ apps installed and still had 1.06gb left,some were installed on SD card but most weren't ..and the mytouch HD is android 2.2 with front facing camera..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links