Hspa+

This is a discussion on Hspa+ within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Whats the deal with HSPA+ on T-Mobile. Was at the shop upgrading my plan and was told that the network is being upgraded today or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hspa+

Hspa+

Whats the deal with HSPA+ on T-Mobile. Was at the shop upgrading my plan and was told that the network is being upgraded today or tomorrow in my area.

Tried speedtest.net and got 1.2 down and .4 up. Is that HSPA or HSPA+ speed? Any way to tell what connection one might have?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It depends on the network and where you are. Telus has a 21 theoretical hsdpa but I never get that.
    Usually 4 to 5 down and 2 up.

In Japan they have an HSPA+ in the works with 42 as the max. At least that is what I read. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
    It depends on the network and where you are. Telus has a 21 theoretical hsdpa but I never get that.

In Japan they have an HSPA+ in the works with 42 as the max. At least that is what I read. Wouldn't that be sweet?
    I believe the Nexus one is configured to get a maxe 7-8megs down, that doesn't reflect what the network can do, but it does reflect our phone wont be outdated in being able to keep up with speed for a while. T-mo is rolling out but will still take some time to get it everywhere
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Well anyway you slice it, the speeds are much better than what I was getting with AT&T 3g. But I haven't used it long, so I need to see what speeds are like in various areas that I go to. So far I'm really happy with the phone and T Mobile. I think it was a good move for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post

Nice speed from Telus. I'll have to see what my speeds are like in other parts to the city. I'm kind of on the edge of town. But even if I only get regular 1.5 or so down, its a good upgrade from what I've had.

I am in a suburb of Boston and have not yet had the HSPA+ speeds hit my area. On the coverage map I am in the HSPA+ area but have not yet been turned on. Right now I'm getting on average between 980 kbps - 1475 kbps down and 750 kbps - 900 kbps upload. That is not bad for 3G in the middle of the day during peek usage. Those upload speeds are crazy for peek hours of 3G connection. When they flip the switch for the HSPA+ speeds I will be one very happy customer. The numbers IMO don't tell the entire story. At those numbers my web pages are up and running very, very fast. There is only a couple of seconds before the pages are all lit up. These are not the mobile web pages but the full rendering. The numbers to me are not as important as the speed it takes to get the web page downloaded and running. I have been very happy with T-Mobile's service. Come on T-Mobile flip that damn switch.
    Love the Nexus One on T-Mobile.

they been testing it in kansas city i normally get around 2mb now its been 4-5mb

rooted Nexus S 4G

Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    they been testing it in kansas city i normally get around 2mb now its been 4-5mb
    really? im in kansas city, i havent noticed a speed boost

Quote Originally Posted by joelft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    really? im in kansas city, i havent noticed a speed boost

hspa+should be here on the 21 of this month i belive

rooted Nexus S 4G

Its supposed to be on here in DC. I'm yet to see any speed past 1Mbps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links