AT&T phone on TMo?

This is a discussion on AT&T phone on TMo? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'm sure this has been asked before, but didn't see it in the FAQs. I want to buy an N1, and am using T-mobile. Will ...

Thread: AT&T phone on TMo?

AT&T phone on TMo?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but didn't see it in the FAQs. I want to buy an N1, and am using T-mobile. Will an unlocked AT&T version work the same as buying the Tmo version? Since I'm on the month to month plan, I plan on buying the phone at retail. Thanks, CH

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The phone/voice feature will work just fine, but the 3G internet will not.

Thanks dixy2k

I kind of thought that may be the answer. Probably why Google sells separate AT&T and Tmo versions. It was so much easier when an unlocked phone allowed you to use any GSM carrier. I guess I'll look for the Tmo version. If I get a used one, what about rooted vs unrooted?

There was never a time when you could use a phone on two or more networks (for 3G purposes).

Rooted or not will not make a difference in reception of 3G frequency.

You could have internet/data access through EDGE if the phone does not support 3G frequencies of the other carrier.

Purely as a phone you will not have any problems using the device between the two carriers.

We might buy the phone over eBay, is there a way to verify that it was made for Tmo before we bid?

Ask the seller.

If you've bought an ATT Nexus One, and are looking for a T-Mobile one, I'm willing to do a swap.. Have a look here - http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/o...html#post66458

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links