Wind Mobile - Discussion

This is a discussion on Wind Mobile - Discussion within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; windmobile " target="_blank">www. windmobile .ca I understand that Wind Mobile (New Mobile Company in Canada) Supports the Nexus One. As long as you buy the ...

Thread: Wind Mobile - Discussion

Wind Mobile - Discussion

www.windmobile.ca

I understand that Wind Mobile (New Mobile Company in Canada) Supports the Nexus One. As long as you buy the T-Mobile Spec phone.

Compatible with 3G on T-Mobile (U.S.) Supports three 3G/UMTS bands (900/AWS/2100 MHz) and four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Does anyone have a Nexus One running on Wind Mobile? Does everything work okay? Any tips or feedback for someone looking to purchase a Nexus One to use on Wind Mobile's network?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have been using an N1 with WIND in Calgary for a couple of weeks now. Everything is working great for me so far. Some people are reporting holes in their coverage, but so far it hasn't affected me. Some people have also complained about some ports being blocked which affects certain apps, but all of my apps work fine.

Wind Mobile - Nexus One

Many thanks for the feedback. I have placed my order for two phones now.

Should be online with Wind Mobile before the end of the month.

Just a matter of waiting for my phones to arrive from Google.

Glad to see the demand for the Nexus One is still strong

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I've been using the N1 on WIND mobile for 2 months now in the Toronto area. For the most part I've been happy with the service. However, I do have problems receiving signals in basements.

I use it with WIND in Ottawa. Great reception and 3G speeds, although it can drop out a bit in some areas. I forgive them because they are new and much much cheaper than Rogers. Before I only had 500mb data for my iPhone with Rogers but I've already used over a GB with WIND on my N1 and get 5GB a month

I highly recommend them, and they seem to be getting better by the week (I have other friends with them in Ottawa with similar positive results)...

There is one major issue however. They are indeed blocking all uncommon ports except the usual ones (21, 80, 8080). That means that most streaming radio apps do not work as well as Remote Management apps. They are purposely doing this because they think it'll stop piracy and P2P use somehow (but it doesn't...) when all it is doing is screwing consumers. I've contacted them several times about this (also considering I blew $4 on a radio app I can't use because of their intentional act) and they haven't changed the policy yet. Even Rogers didn't block ports, and they're right bastards lol.

rAy

Do you mind saying how much you're paying for the 5GB data plan? I am with Rogers on a 500MB data plan and I am paying almost $65 with voice.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    Do you mind saying how much you're paying for the 5GB data plan? I am with Rogers on a 500MB data plan and I am paying almost $65 with voice.

Yeah right now it's about $52 a month for unlimited Canadian long distance and unlimited data (well 5GB, but that's way more than even a geek like me needs considering I have a 25mb net connection with a 125GB limit lol) but I'm on that 50% for 6 months deal for the voice part.

After the promo it'll cost me approx $70 all included before taxes. I was paying Rogers $40 just in long distance every month alone, and $35 for only 500mb of data a month, so there's no comparison...

Help - Whistler residents trying to block Wind Mobiles expansion in Whistler, BC

Please can you help out visiting these local papers online and leave your feedback and thoughts.

We need to help Wind and others expand their coverage in these areas.

Right now wind only has one tower in Whistler. While everyone else has several. I fully support wind in their expansion and hope you do too.

Residents oppose cell tower
    Alpine Meadows residents rally neighbours to submit comments before extended Nov. 8 deadline

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...ry?oid=2125924

&

Concerned about cell towers

http://www.whistlerquestion.com/arti...ut-cell-towers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links