Market and prepaid sim

This is a discussion on Market and prepaid sim within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey all Im new to the android world coming over from the Iphone. I get my new Nexus in about a week when Im in ...

Thread: Market and prepaid sim

Market and prepaid sim

Hey all Im new to the android world coming over from the Iphone. I get my new Nexus in about a week when Im in the US and can hardly wait!!!
    My question is about buying apps from the Market. I live in Israel and we dont have the Nexus here yet. Ive been told that you can download only free apps with a local Sim. But to buy apps you need a T-mobile Sim (Im getting a Sim free Nexus for T-mobile).
    Can I just by a prepaid Sim in the US and use it to download in Israel?
    Why is it that I need the T-mobile Sim to download paid apps?
    Thanks for the help!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi & Welcome!!

You don't need a Tmobile SIM to buy apps from the Market, but you have to live in a country where Google has enabled paid Market access. Unfortunately, Israel is not on the list yet.

Some people get around it by rooting their phones and installing the Market Access app MarketAccess [AMIP now playing] to "spoof" their location. Allowing them to install paid apps.

Or, buying from one of the alternative Markets like this one SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace.

Thanks rioja for the reply!
    I'm aware of the fact that theres a problem with buying app in countries where Google hasn't enabled the market (funny though, near me is a huge Google programing center!).
    I read in a forum somewhere that if you have a US Sim card (t-mobile for example) it is possible to get the paid apps. I was wondering if this is true or not. I'm going from a jailbroken Iphone to the Nexus and dont really want to root it.
    Will I be able to get updates regardless of the problem with the paid apps?
    Thanks for the help.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    my market works well, no root required and you can choose what provider to emulate

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links