tempted to get G2

This is a discussion on tempted to get G2 within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; sigh... physical keyboard is tempting me again. so far all the previews/reviews pointing at great built qualities. only thing that holds me back is no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tempted to get G2

tempted to get G2

sigh... physical keyboard is tempting me again.
    so far all the previews/reviews pointing at great built qualities.
    only thing that holds me back is no tethering so far. I don't know what I should do.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was at a T-Mobile store for past 10 mins and played with one today!!
    It was rock solid and keyboard felt pretty good (yes not really good yet, past 2+ years of touch screen keyboard made me felt little hard to press physical keys). It sucks that Chicago does not have HSPA+ yet..

Now i'm more torn after trying one for 10 mins.
    Maybe I have to abuse T-Mobile's great return policy to fully test it for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    I was at a T-Mobile store for past 10 mins and played with one today!!
    It was rock solid and keyboard felt pretty good (yes not really good yet, past 2+ years of touch screen keyboard made me felt little hard to press physical keys). It sucks that Chicago does not have HSPA+ yet..

Now i'm more torn after trying one for 10 mins.
    Maybe I have to abuse T-Mobile's great return policy to fully test it for 2 weeks.
    What return policy? Please fill me in....

Have HSPA+ all over in the NY/NJ area and would love this phone...although I do want to tether/hotspot, something the N1 does beautifully!

14 days full refund minus $10 restocking fee. Like $10 to rent a phone For two weeks,

Keep in mind the G2 has an 800mhz processor and Gingerbread has been rumored to require 1Ghz...

Link is re: the Desire Z which also has an 800mhz:
    Desire Z with 800MHz = No upgrade to Android 3.0 (gingerbread) !?!? - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Keep in mind the G2 has an 800mhz processor and Gingerbread has been rumored to require 1Ghz...

Link is re: the Desire Z which also has an 800mhz:
    Desire Z with 800MHz = No upgrade to Android 3.0 (gingerbread) !?!? - xda-developers
    Um, you can't define speed performance on a chip that uses different archetiecture / constructions with just ghz. I really doubt they would release a new flagship phone that can not upgrade.

I was pretty close to ordering one too, but I decided a new phone very 6 months was a bit much :rofl3: The battery life is spec'ed out to be a tiny bit less also. Also, more than likely, the Nexus One will still be the first to receive updates for sometime. Also, no HSPA+ network here yet. Still, it is an enticing phone, but I'm going to wait until after release to see what kind of common bugs people start getting with them first. Then who knows, maybe an even better phone will roll out by then

my cable was out for two days and i had my own internet island. i made full use of tethering and wifi hotspot. only thing i was missing was tv, but i suppose i could have watched that somewhere on the internet over my life line.

any phone that cant replace that feature for me is not even a consideration.

I myself is waited to see what the mytouch hd comes out to be. Dual processors and a front camera, can't go wrong with that.

Have.... to.... wait.... for..... Tegra.... but.... this...... slider..... keyboard.... is.... too..... tempting...... @#$$%

InViSiBLe-cHoKe by TaPaTaLk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links