Tempting to get Samsung Vibrant

This is a discussion on Tempting to get Samsung Vibrant within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; The Vibrant seems a pretty cool and fun device to use... wanting to get one and sell my N1....

Thread: Tempting to get Samsung Vibrant

Tempting to get Samsung Vibrant

The Vibrant seems a pretty cool and fun device to use... wanting to get one and sell my N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thumbs up Samsung Vibrant, on T-Mobile

I have tried the Vibrant extensivly for two ten day trial periods. I missed several meetings because i didn't receive a reminder from my Google Calendar. After a conference call with TMobile Tier 2 tech support and one of the Samsung engineers I was told by Samsung that the Vibrant is "incapable" of syncronising Google calendar reminders.

Coupled with horrible battery life and a very poor support Samsung website (latest OS firmware not even present) --- I wouldn't sugest the Vibrant at all.
    Ilight4u

Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

My wife has a Vibrant. Overall it is very sluggish, the battery life is horrible and it feels like a cheap piece of plastic in my hand. Multiple restores haven't helped those problems either. The GPS was completely unusable when we first bought it. OS "2.1 update 1" helped out but its still nowhere near as accurate as the N1 or G2. I think the TouchWiz UI is very cheap looking too. Right now I'm just checking the web everyday to see when they are finally going to roll out 2.2 for the Vibrant. Hopefully, it will help. If it doesn't it looks like I'll be having another 2-hour conversation with TMobile customer service. At least they are really nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScavenger View Post
    My wife has a Vibrant. Overall it is very sluggish, the battery life is horrible and it feels like a cheap piece of plastic in my hand. Multiple restores haven't helped those problems either. The GPS was completely unusable when we first bought it. OS "2.1 update 1" helped out but its still nowhere near as accurate as the N1 or G2. I think the TouchWiz UI is very cheap looking too. Right now I'm just checking the web everyday to see when they are finally going to roll out 2.2 for the Vibrant. Hopefully, it will help. If it doesn't it looks like I'll be having another 2-hour conversation with TMobile customer service. At least they are really nice though.
    That pretty much matches the experience of one of my friends...he's actually quite put off Android, all because of the hardware...frustrating.

If you want a galaxy S I suggest waiting for the nexus S.

I had a Samsung Captivate (AT&T version). Overall it's a nice phone, has some features the N1 lack and lack some features the the N1 has.:D

Like all previous posts the battery life is disappointing. My
    days always the same and my habits with playing on these phone are the same.
    At the end of the day my N1 still have good amount of juice left while the Galaxy
    would need a charge way before that.

Not to mentioned the poor GPS.:D

Well, I still have my N1. But I install GroveIP and get a free Google voice phone number. Now I'm using it as a home phone.. free calls US/Canada. No sim card needed too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links