Poor Connectivity

This is a discussion on Poor Connectivity within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Is anyone else having recent issues with tmobile connectivity?... I'm on N1 and for several months it was great... for the last week or two ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Connectivity

Poor Connectivity

Is anyone else having recent issues with tmobile connectivity?...

I'm on N1 and for several months it was great... for the last week or two it's been awful!

3G is so damn spotty its ridiculous - half the time I get nothing... when it works its great, but I have to wait so long for it to get a signal I might as well be in Edge... but when I'm in Edge its sooooooooo sllllooooowwww I cant take it and force back to 3G only.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the crap connectivity - particularly in 90805 (long beach, ca) but other areas of so cal as well... anyone else having this issue? $550 for a phone and $100 per month plan, I expect better than this

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes! I thought it was the latest update to Froyo, that or the fact that I moved and am now living in a different style bldg. But yes, lousy 3G period. My phone spends more time on E, G, or nothing/no signal these last two weeks.
    I am glad I am not the only one.
    I am in the 90706 - 90241 zipcodes.

Mine is being a junk box. haven't seen the 3g icon in a week now. in the suburbs of chicago

I've also been experiencing this problem for the last week or two. I've had my Nexus since January and I've never experienced 3G problems. But for some reason, I'm seeing Edge all the time now. At my desk at work I've always had a great 3G signal, but not anymore I have the same issue at home now too.

I tried dialing the *#*#436#*#* and changing from "WCDMA preferred" to "WCDMA only". When I do this, I get 3G but it only lasts for a minute or two. After that, I'm right back to Edge. I know I was truly getting 3G for that short time frame because my speed test app confirmed a DL speed of over 1MB.

Not sure what else to do? I tried T-mobile and they couldn't help. They said they were not having any trouble in my area. I'm sure that's the case. This really seems like a phone problem.

I dont think t-mobile would admit to them being the problem (and most times the cust svc reps know less than we do so they probably wouldnt even know if there was a problem)...

I went for months without this issue (same area, same phone) - now for the last few weeks its been horrible... I dont believe its the phone.

I forgot to mention I'm in Kansas City. My main problem seems to be when I'm downtown, but even at home (suburbs) I see "E" and "G" occasionally. A couple weeks back, I don't think I ever saw that while at home.

By the way, if you guys don't know, there is an app in the Market called Antennas. It uses Google Maps and shows you what cell tower you are connected to at any given time. I downloaded it because I want to know what tower(s) I was hitting when I see the spotty 3G at work. From my testing, it seems there is only one tower it hits that allows me to see 3G. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to connect to that tower too often as it jumps from tower to tower all night long.

Another question... I thought I read somewhere that HTC or Google aren't honoring the warranty for phones with 3G issues. Can anyone confirm that? I'm really starting to believe the antenna on my phone has somehow weakened.

thanks for the info about antenna app - I'm gonna check it out

same here in the uk with orange uk but it has only started since they joined yeah you guessed it t-mobile on the 5th of october,they say it is only a 2g signal for now but i dont believe them

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    thanks for the info about antenna app - I'm gonna check it out
    I have this antennas app installed...the developer still has not changed that black text on the gray background at the bottom.

I just looked up the release date of Froyo 2.2.1. Wikipedia says it was released on September 23. Maybe I've had the problems since then? Like I said, I started noticing it a couple of weeks ago, but it may have started a couple of weeks before that.

I'm really frustrated today. I brought my wife's Nexus One to work and I'm getting the same problem. For kicks, I called T-mobile again. Of course I got absolutely nowhere. It's weird because it's not like the forums are blowing up lately with 3G problems, so maybe it's not a software release problem? But what are the chances that both of our Nexus Ones are failing at the same time?

I hate this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links