Force EDGE instead of GPRS on T-Mobile?

This is a discussion on Force EDGE instead of GPRS on T-Mobile? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi all- I realize I'm probably in a weird situation and doubt this is possible, but my small town here in Oregon has two T-Mobile ...

Thread: Force EDGE instead of GPRS on T-Mobile?

Force EDGE instead of GPRS on T-Mobile?

Hi all-

I realize I'm probably in a weird situation and doubt this is possible, but my small town here in Oregon has two T-Mobile antennas of seemingly equal strength one GPRS (1G) and one EDGE (2G).

While the rest of the world drools at the prospect of 4G while humming along on 3G, I'm trapped on GPRS most of the time because my N1 locks-on to the GPRS antenna here in town 90% of the time instead of the EDGE antenna. I'd be *thrilled* if I could get it to ignore GPRS in favor of EDGE...

I know there's a numeric code for forcing 3G over EDGE but haven't been able to find a similar code to force EDGE over GPRS.

Anyone know if that's a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you mean to use 2G instead of 3G there is a setting for that in Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, and then check mark the "Use only 2G networks (saves battery).
    I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, though, I wish it were a problem stepping down from 3G to EDGE... I'm familiar with how to do that; I've done so while traveling and it's a nice option. Here at home in the Toolies, though, where 3G is non-existant, I want to be able to force the faster (albeit 2002-esque) EDGE speeds over GPRS which is painfully akin to a 14.4 modem.

It seems, given the choice of the two (EDGE or GPRS), it would default to the faster option, but seldom does. Sigh.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links