Mobile hotspot question for T-mo

This is a discussion on Mobile hotspot question for T-mo within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just a note, I also posted on the other thread, but T-mobile has disabled this feature, for me at least. I used it all the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile hotspot question for T-mo

This does effect Nexus One users

Just a note, I also posted on the other thread, but T-mobile has disabled this feature, for me at least. I used it all the time and it was awesome but T-Mobile decided to be evil and disable it. Boooo

I've been using the wifi hotspot for a couple months now and just yesterday morning (11-15-10) T-Mobile made the feature unusable. I can still connect to my hotspot but now when I try to surf on a computer that's connected it redirects to a T-mobile page that says I'll need to add the tethering feature to my plan for $15/month.

If T-mobile would have just let us Nexus One users get by with this I can honestly say they would have had me as a customer for a long time to come. Now after being with them for 7 years and encountering this as well as some really crappily handled outages I'll be switching come contract time. I'm gonna miss my Nexus one though, best phone I've every had by a long shot.

Tethering is still working on my G2...fingers crossed.

Interesting. I did go over my 5GB data limit last month and therefore was throttled. I wonder if they flag users who go over and then block the use of the wifi hotspot? Or maybe it will just take a while for them to get to everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by swallowevil View Post
    Or maybe it will just take a while for them to get to everyone...
    I hope not....maybe if I just keep my voice down about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links