Mobile hotspot question for T-mo

This is a discussion on Mobile hotspot question for T-mo within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I read somewhere that T-mo will in fact start charging for using the mobile hotspot on your phone which gives internet connection to other devices. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile hotspot question for T-mo

Mobile hotspot question for T-mo

I read somewhere that T-mo will in fact start charging for using the mobile hotspot on your phone which gives internet connection to other devices. I think I read it will be somewhere in the $15 a month area, does anyone know if this will affect all phones or only new data plans ? also does being rooted eliminate the ability of them even seeing that you are doing this? prob not but just asking...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Curious where you saw/heard this...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Hey alpha maybe this is what he is referring to: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...fi-charge.html

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Hey alpha maybe this is what he is referring to: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...fi-charge.html
    Thanks David..hadn't seen that. Not worried though, unless I spring for the G2...

You're welcome.

How would they know you were using the phone as a hotspot at any particular time? This may be a dumb question

I would think that some sort of identifying information is sent along with the internet access requests...I believe it is called a MAC address but I could be wrong on that.

Could be true.

Do tmo n1 users have unlimited access to the wireless hot spot option right now?

I'd like to figure out what's going on with this too. I just allowed a co-worker of mine to use my hotspot all day long. Will I be charged? I'm on the month-to-month with T-mobile.

This is going to suck! I was wanting to get an Android tablet at some point and was planning on only getting one with WiFi since I'd always have my phone with me and I'd be able to use my hotspot.

Does anyone have more info on what's going on? I hate to be blind-sided with a huge bill.

I'm not sure if itwill effect us. I imagine it can. But I do know thatif youare rooted, you have nothing to worry about. Looks like I might have to root after all.

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links