My T-Mobile Rant

This is a discussion on My T-Mobile Rant within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Two months ago I downloaded an Exchange Server app call Nitro Desk . This app works with my company's Exchange Server to push emails to ...

Thread: My T-Mobile Rant

My T-Mobile Rant

Two months ago I downloaded an Exchange Server app call Nitro Desk . This app works with my company's Exchange Server to push emails to my N1 . I live in Tampa Florida and had been averaging monthly T-Mobile bills of $100. This is with heavy web use; just generally enjoying all of the function/feature of a truly great smart phone. After a month of using Nitro Desk which included one trip to Scottsdale Arizona , I received a bill that included over $700 in data roaming charges which I suppose I can totally attribute to having the email pushed to the N1. Well, to add insult to injury, a month later I went to Europe. I made sure that the data roaming setting stayed in its default off 'state' except for when I wanted to check email or surf the web. In short data roaming was off for 20 plus hours per day. Let me just say that another $700 data roaming fee would have been welcome . I got a bill for $3,200! Now before you mention this, I did neglect to turn off data synchronization for my Google email account. I now know that auto-sync has to be off. I suspect that the Background Data setting needs to be off as well. True?

I am contesting this invoice. I want an itemized accounting of the charges by date over the invoice period. I think a $3200 bill should provide such accounting. I want the $15 per MB charges fully documented; every email, web page, synchronization service. Has anyone else requested this of T-Mobile?

Is there anything else I am missing here? Basically with these capabilities turned off (even WI-FI?) I basically have a fairly useless smart phone . Yes, I know I could buy another SIM with voice/data limits preconfigured. I also now know that APNDROID can be an indispensable app for the N1 ( I have it now).

I am just skittish about using the N1 now. Comments?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you turn Airplane Mode on, you won't get any phone or data charges and you can always turn WiFi on. In many countries you can buy prepaid SIM cards, or use a SIP client and WiFi to make phone calls.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links