Nexus S Plans. Tmobile/BestBuy discrepancy

This is a discussion on Nexus S Plans. Tmobile/BestBuy discrepancy within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I called Tmobile this morning to try to clarify some pricing on the Nexus S. My goal is this. 2 Nexus S phones 750 Shared ...

Thread: Nexus S Plans. Tmobile/BestBuy discrepancy

Nexus S Plans. Tmobile/BestBuy discrepancy

I called Tmobile this morning to try to clarify some pricing on the Nexus S.
    My goal is this.

• 2 Nexus S phones
    • 750 Shared Minutes
    • Unlimited Text
    • Unlimited Internet

Problem One:
    I called T-mobile because I get a discount on their service because of my employer, however they told me that I couldn't apply the discount for 6 months because I'd be purchasing the phones through Best Buy.

Problem Two:
    On the BestBuy site the T-Mobile - Even More Family Talk + Text - 750 (Includes 2 Lines) is 99.99$

The T-mobile Rep told me that it should be 79.99$

Best buy also makes you add the 30$ data plan to each phone. Bringing my total monthly bill to 169.99$.

The T-Mobile rep told me my monthly total for everything I wanted was going to be 139.99$.

Summation:
    My bill with at&t for a Nexus One and a Captivate is 150.00$ if I can't get lower than that I have no incentive to switch at this time.

Request for Assistance:
    Can anyone with a Nexus S family plan shed some light on this? Maybe a T-mobile or BB employee?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unfortunately it's a Best Buy exclusive phone.
    It's not even a Tmobile branded phone so Tmo is limited in what they can do.
    So they are forcing the $30 data plans if you buy at subsidized plan?
    Best Buy have to recouped their money somehow by selling a $500 phone for a little over $200 I guess.
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

What I find odd about that is who am I contracting with then? The service is provided by T-mobile and my contractual obligation is to them not Best Buy.

Yes the services is through t mobile.
    The phone is being offer by best buy. You can buy the phone out right and take it to t mobile for services. That way you are not obligated to buy any services you dont want.

Sent from my CyanogenMod Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links