T-Mobile 5GB Cap!

This is a discussion on T-Mobile 5GB Cap! within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Get used to it. Tiered data, with heavier users paying more, is the wave of the future...and it's starting now. It's not likely to get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-Mobile 5GB Cap!

Get used to it. Tiered data, with heavier users paying more, is the wave of the future...and it's starting now. It's not likely to get better either. It's almost certain to get worse. I'd bank on it, in fact.

Ill probably go back to no data phone at all then. The fees they charge for limited service just aren't worth it. Either that of metro PC here I come.

I'm hoping that the resultant lack of choice among carriers and plans will nix the merger, myself. Data is like crack, and I'm addicted to its' use.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'm hoping that the resultant lack of choice among carriers and plans will nix the merger, myself. Data is like crack, and I'm addicted to its' use.
    My cable company pulled a fast one in me and I dumped them. I can do the same with my phone. I don't need thus stuff. Its just adistraction from life. I was dragged kicking and screaming into the cell phone age less than 10 years ago. The phone had before thus one didn't even have a camera.

Youreeright it is like crack. All the more reason to go cold Turkey!

Angry quit whining and read your agreements

Excerpt from T-Mobile terms and conditions:

"10. * Data Plans and Other Features. You will be charged for data usage on a pay per use basis unless you are required to maintain a data plan (“Data Plan”) as part of your Service, or as otherwise provided by your Rate Plan or prepaid data pass. Permissible and Prohibited Uses: Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your Device and not on any other equipment. Unless explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, using your Device as a modem or tethering your Device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted. Other examples of prohibited uses can be found in Section 17. Protective Measures: To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth. If your total usage exceeds 5GB (amount is subject to change without notice; please check T-Mobile’s T&Cs on Unsupported Browser for updates) during a billing cycle, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle. If you use your Data Plan in a manner that could interfere with other customers’ service, affect our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or degrade service quality for other customers, we may suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, or switch you to a more appropriate Data Plan."

Excerpt from AT&T Terms and conditions:

"This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services, redirecting television signals for viewing on Personal Computers, web broadcasting, and/or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition devices is prohibited. Furthermore, plans (unless specifically designated for tethering usage) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/smartphone to computer accessories, BLUETOOTH® or any other wireless technology) to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for any purpose."

Excerpt from Sprint terms and conditions:

"Examples of prohibited data uses: Sprint data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, "junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint’s wireless services or other parties’ Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use."

Excerpt from Verizon Wireless customer agreement:

"Verizon Wireless strives to provide customers the best experience when using our network, a shared resource among tens of millions of customers. To help achieve this, if you use an extraordinary amount of data and fall within the top 5% of Verizon Wireless data users we may reduce your data throughput speeds periodically for the remainder of your then current and immediately following billing cycle to ensure high quality network performance for other users at locations and times of peak demand. Our proactive management of the Verizon Wireless network is designed to ensure that the remaining 95% of data customers aren't negatively affected by the inordinate data consumption of just a few users"

Maybe you would love to use a mobile network in place of your home data. Guess what... mobile networks are just NOT ready for that. This is a service that is designed for being able to connect on your phone on the go. It is NOT for tethering. It is NOT for netflix and xbox live. Mobile companies even specify this for you in their agreements. It falls under their prohibited uses category. By most of their terms, they could legally shut you down altogether for misuse. When you use data this way, it takes away data space from other users. There isn't room for everyone to do that. So quit whining. Quit being greedy and cough up the money to comcast, qwest, etc... for home internet. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR. People who use the service the way it's supposed to be used don't come anywhere close to 5 gigs in a month. They are lucky to hit 2 gigs.

Who's whining? I went over 5gb because I was listening to MY OWN music via Amazon MP3 Cloud services. So before you go accusing people of things you know nothing about and then calling me a whiner get you facts right first time posting T-Mobile employee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links