T-Mobile 5GB Cap!

This is a discussion on T-Mobile 5GB Cap! within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey guys, I Just moved out and i been using my Phone's internet alot nowadays, but I been getting throttled by T-mobile after 5GB and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile 5GB Cap!

Question T-Mobile 5GB Cap!

Hey guys,

I Just moved out and i been using my Phone's internet alot nowadays, but I been getting throttled by T-mobile after 5GB and I get a message from T-mobile saying that my internet will be reduced for the rest of the month. I would be ok with this, if the internet wasn't slower than Edge and IT IS!!.

So my question is, Is there anything I can do to bypass T-mobile's 5GB cap?

Thank you in advance.:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow that sux, this not customer friendly...

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One

Wow 5gb cap you are rolling in it, I myself am capped at 500mb and seem to reach that limit a day into my contract month

Engraved using pure root!
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Have you asked T-Mobile about their unlimited WiFi? That is the plan I am on, family or something like that, but our phones are signed up for unlimited phone, text, and WiFi.

Are you doing video? I stream high quality audio for many hours nearly every day, and get no where near the 5GB 'cap'...so you must be doing bitorrent or streaming video. If so, perhaps cut back a bit (or a few gigabits) on it?

I'm on a no contract unlimited data plan and have never once been throttled or warned. Are you tethering a lot? Using 3G as your main internet source at home?

Update: I called T-Mobile android technical support and questioned them about the cap. All unlimited data plans, regardless of date of enrollment, contract, or device are throttled at 5Gb in one billing cycle... fail.

This sucks because I was looking forward to getting a 4G phone and using it for my Xbox Live and Netflix.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TANKtr0n View Post
    I'm on a no contract unlimited data plan and have never once been throttled or warned.

Update: I called T-Mobile android technical support and questioned them about the cap. All unlimited data plans, regardless of date of enrollment, contract, or device are throttled at 5Gb in one billing cycle... fail.
    I also am on a no contract unlimited data plan. The knowledge that I am now capped at 5GB is news to me.

I dont use any where near 5GB a month but it pisses me off that I did not get any warning about the cap. I always understood that unlimited meant unlimited. I am gonna call Tmo and let them know my displeasure about this cap limit.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Yeah... they won't care. Csv has gone to hell in a hand basket. I'm thinking of streaming one HD flick through zune tethered. That's over 7gb, then when I'm throttled I'll call and express my displeasure and tell them to get used to it with WP7 supporting Netflix...

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TANKtr0n View Post
    I'm on a no contract unlimited data plan and have never once been throttled or warned.

I also am on a no contract unlimited data plan. The knowledge that I am now capped at 5GB is news to me.

I dont use any where near 5GB a month but it pisses me off that I did not get any warning about the cap. I always understood that unlimited meant unlimited. I am gonna call Tmo and let them know my displeasure about this cap limit.
    They don't tell you but its in the fine print. Technically its still unlimited but your now at EDGE speed instead of 3g for remainder of the billing cycle.

Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Well. I just got throttled. No warning just a huge slow down in data. I don't get it. I have no idea what all of my usage is. Message boards. A few linked videos here and there. Banking. Checking the weather. It's a bunch of crap.

Ah. Just figured it out. I uploaded my music to Amazon mp3 and have beenlistening to MY MUSIC on the way home from work. What's load of crap.

I called globule and told them its ridiculous. Its not like I'm downloading movies. I told them that between being throttled for normal usage and they're sale to att that I'm out when my contract is up. Because when my phone only gets edge network itllwbe worthless and I really won't feel the need to replace my phone when my contract is up but I'll. Have to.

Sometimes I feel like being a consumer means bending over and being treated like a two-bit lady of the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links