SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Even a slow reduction of what you get sucks, it just takes longer for those not paying attention to notice, minimizing the risk of a ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

mah
    Even a slow reduction of what you get sucks, it just takes longer for those not paying attention to notice, minimizing the risk of a large market protest.

I've been with T-Mo for over 14 years (well, early on I was with Voicestream and Powertel -- one bought the other, and then T-Mo bought them) -- I moved to this provider because I didn't want to stay on AT&T, and nothing I've seen since has made me regret that. I am not looking forward to this merger.

This stinks of anti-competitive practice just like when the CRTC allowed Rogers to purchase FIDO up here in the great white north.
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

I hope that this merger does not go through. This would limit customer choices on cell providers. The company I work for has been with T-Mobile for years & completely does not like AT&T, we just might have to switch if this merger goes through.

When I heard this, I freaked out. There is a reason why a lot of us are with tmobile, for instance, better prices and better devices. Now all that has a great risk of being taken away. This would make att the largest gsm carrier in north america. So if they have their way, I see a lot of people packing their bags and jumping carriers. Why T-mobile? Why?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It baffles me. These companies are so different in attitude, that I can't think of a worse match. T-Mo are very ready going, and I've even had their tech support offer advice on developer activities when they themselves don't have a solution. AT&T, well look at the recent threads on the tethering lock-down...

I'm just not sure which carrier I'm going to jump to...

Hopefully this won't happen because att has shown what they are all about, themselves. With this merge they will become a straight powerhouse. They could do anything they want. I really don't understand why t-mobile is selling out.

Looks like my N1 will be a paperweight (eventually)...
    http://m.gizmodo.com/5783954/your-3g...ter-att-merger

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Looks like my N1 will be a paperweight (eventually)...
    Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

WoW... Well, it will almost be a paperweight. Many old phones are compatible with either 1G or 2G AT&T frequencies.

Welcome to the dark side, and here I was looking to switch fairly soon.

If our US Government allows this (are they the ones who need to approve?) what is happening, I can remember my parents talking about (back in the 70's - or was it the 80's) when the phone companies were forced to break up into smaller companies to give us customers choices.

Ma Bell

Check this out http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/article...es-tmobile-USA I actually got this from t-mobile's website

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links