SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by N1David If our US Government allows this (are they the ones who need to approve?) what is happening, I can remember my ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    If our US Government allows this (are they the ones who need to approve?) what is happening, I can remember my parents talking about (back in the 70's - or was it the 80's) when the phone companies were forced to break up into smaller companies to give us customers choices.

Ma Bell
    Yes, the Department of Justice must approve this merger as it could have a negative impact on consumers and the economy as a whole. To sweeten the pot it seems AT&T has more than doubled the normal 3% in takeover fees to put $3 billion and frequency rights toward their goal. Which is rather a big statement, and shows AT&T's confidence.

The whole merger and conversion could take over two years though, but I still wouldn't be signing any T-Mo contracts any time soon. I'm sure their stores are dead today... or flooded.

Admin
    Sprint has at least made some recent cool announcements, integrating Google Voice and such. Maybe time to give them a shot

Never thought my Nexie would die this way… L Pretty damn sad, I left AT&T’s bad service hoping to never deal with subpar customer service and unexplainable charges on my bill….. well here we go again, and don’t believe the “grandfathered BS” I was a Cingular customer….. (ie. Your phone is no longer compatible with the AT&T network, but here’s a wonderful coupon for a NEW phone and CONTRACT)………….......... what a heap O- Crap that was they tried to force feed us all. SO it looks like either duck and run, or bend over and take it like a Lamb…………The options pretty much all SUK……. R.I.P. my lovely Nexie you will be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I don't like AT&T when AT&T buys out Cingular. I keep Cingular(AT&T) for few months and after my contract is up I moved from Cingular to T-Mobile. Look like the Sprint will be my only choose for GSM Phone Carrier.
    Man! I hated AT&T.
    I agree. Was a Pacific Bell/Cingular/AT&T customer, and have been a very happy T-Mobile customer for about 2 years now. I will NEVER go back to AT&T. Sprint looks to be my choice for switching. Sad, I was looking forward to buying the HTC Pyramid....which I guess now will not happen.

I hope that Sprint sees the wisdom of reaching out to T-Mobile in a very meaningful way. They could increase their subscribers with the number of TMO customers who hate AT&T, and simultaneously throw a wrench into the deal showing AT&T just how much they are hated....and jeopardizing the deal because the subscriber numbers would dwindle.

Less competition is a VERY bad thing.

I believe the HTC Shooter on Sprint will be very similar to the Pyramid, so I think I'll be keeping an eye on that...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am so upset at the idea of my nexus one phone not working on att network.

Since I didn't buy the phone from t mobile. How would att reimburse me for a new equal phone?

This really burns me up as I would not have given this phone up that early.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I feel for Ya SD.... anyone remeber "amp'd mobile"??? yea I got caught up in that mess also....Killer service and phone, paid full price and 6 months later they was GONE......the same thing, probably could have gotten on Verizon at the time for twice the price id'e been payin.... some times I wonder if it aint all just one big company jerkin our chains to make us dance and waist $$$$$ :-p

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    If our US Government allows this (are they the ones who need to approve?) what is happening, I can remember my parents talking about (back in the 70's - or was it the 80's) when the phone companies were forced to break up into smaller companies to give us customers choices.

Ma Bell
    Yes, the Department of Justice must approve this merger as it could have a negative impact on consumers and the economy as a whole. To sweeten the pot it seems AT&T has more than doubled the normal 3% in takeover fees to put $3 billion and frequency rights toward their goal. Which is rather a big statement, and shows AT&T's confidence.

The whole merger and conversion could take over two years though, but I still wouldn't be signing any T-Mo contracts any time soon. I'm sure their stores are dead today... or flooded.
    Thanks fierce fire...
    If this goes through, I wonder what company will get our companies business??? AT&T we don't like & lousy service, Sprint too expensive...We have a pretty good plan on T-Mobile for the company. Ugh.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    NEW YORK ľAT&T Inc. said Monday that if its deal to buy T-Mobile USA goes through, T-Mobile subscribers with "3G" phones will need to replace those to keep their wireless broadband service working. But there will be plenty of time to do that. Dallas-based AT&T said Sunday it had agreed to buy T-Mobile USA for $39 billion. If approved by regulators, the deal would close in about a year. AT&T said that some time after the closing, it plans to rearrange how T-Mobile's cell towers work. The airwaves they use for third-generation services, or 3G, will be repurposed for 4G, which is faster. That would leave current T-Mobile phones without 3G. They would need to be replaced with phones that use AT&T's 3G frequencies. Ralph de la Vega, AT&T's head of wireless and consumer services, said this will happen as part of the normal phone upgrade process. "There's nothing for them to worry about ... it will be done over time, in a way that's good for customers and good for AT&T," de la Vega said in an interview. The whole process will take several years, he said. AT&T shares rose 27 cents to $28.21 in midday trading Monday.
    Androidfied.

Chuckles...... Ya spin a turd and its still stinks.... how is a loss of service and a forced need to upgrade hardware in any way a "GOOD" for me as a consumer......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links