SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth NEW YORK –AT&T Inc. said Monday that if its deal to buy T-Mobile USA goes through, T-Mobile subscribers with "3G" phones ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    NEW YORK –AT&T Inc. said Monday that if its deal to buy T-Mobile USA goes through, T-Mobile subscribers with "3G" phones will need to replace those to keep their wireless broadband service working. But there will be plenty of time to do that. Dallas-based AT&T said Sunday it had agreed to buy T-Mobile USA for $39 billion. If approved by regulators, the deal would close in about a year. AT&T said that some time after the closing, it plans to rearrange how T-Mobile's cell towers work. The airwaves they use for third-generation services, or 3G, will be repurposed for 4G, which is faster. That would leave current T-Mobile phones without 3G. They would need to be replaced with phones that use AT&T's 3G frequencies. Ralph de la Vega, AT&T's head of wireless and consumer services, said this will happen as part of the normal phone upgrade process. "There's nothing for them to worry about ... it will be done over time, in a way that's good for customers and good for AT&T," de la Vega said in an interview. The whole process will take several years, he said. AT&T shares rose 27 cents to $28.21 in midday trading Monday.
    In other words. The prod the will shove up our collective arses will be small at first, but will be very wide and painful once they force us into being AT&T customers.

Screw that. I detest Verizon too, so SPRINT here I come!1!11!!!one!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I see sprint getting swallowed up by Verizon.
    Androidfied.

My informant on the Apprentice, says Cricket will own them all in 3 years
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sorry, TMO...time to go!

It really cracks me up that AT&T thinks it will have 125M customers. Everyone I know with an iPhone is either bailing when their contract is up, or bailing when the iphone 5 comes out. I love my N1, but I'll head to sprint, they have some pretty good dual core phones headed their way. I'm thinking maybe Evo 3d? I see AT&T moving that 125M to 100-110M subscribers in two years. What a big loss in revenue they'll have to absorb. Already announced..BIG cuts to TMO...that means ATT&T customer service..hahahah....Sprint has no data caps either...I think this is a big win for Sprint and Verizon.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/n...-job-cuts.html

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the AT&T plans, and it would cost me am extra $50+ bucks a month to get the same service I have with T-Mo!!!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Out of curiosity, I took a look at the AT&T plans, and it would cost me am extra $50+ bucks a month to get the same service I have with T-Mo!!!

Man thats terrible! AT&T might just lose all of us TMO subscribers if they try to screw us after the switch.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Here is an interesting article I saw on twitter about this

SaveTheInternet.com | AT&T + T-Mobile = Train Wreck
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Trainwreck is the right word!

I don't see how this can be allowed. What other GSM options are there? I've nothing against Sprint and Verizon, but I would prefer to stay on a GSM service, but there are no viable alternatives now...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Trainwreck is the right word!

I don't see how this can be allowed. What other GSM options are there? I've nothing against Sprint and Verizon, but I would prefer to stay on a GSM service, but there are no viable alternatives now...

I don't either... Unfortunately...where there's a will, there's a way, and the will of AT&T and T-Mobile are huge with the massive stakes they have raised. Don't expect Verizon to do anything but applaud this as it means they will be thinking that obtaining Sprint won't be blocked by the FCC or DOJ either. In addition the lack of competition will surely do nothing but good for their pocketbooks.

No folks. This will go through and Obama will happily sign on. One reason will be that these companies will gladly fork over any information they have on us. Not to mention they can use it against us even w/o the governments knowlege. I'm not saying this will happen, but when companies get this big and powerful there is nothing stopping them (See Housing Crisis of 2008).

Todays Political climate is such that corporations are given the rights of humans. Because they hold all of the cards and have no cap on donations for elections they are big brother and there is no big brother worse to fear than telecom behemoths.

Folks. Look out!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links