SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I looked at AT&T's website and tried to come up with a cost comparison to our current T-Mobile plan... I don't know what company is ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

I looked at AT&T's website and tried to come up with a cost comparison to our current T-Mobile plan...
    I don't know what company is going to get our cell business, but I doubt we will stay with AT&T after the change - should it go through.
    AT&T don't like & too expensive, Verizon would be 2.5 times our current T-Mobile bill, Sprint - ugh. Well, we have a year or two for them to work this out and us to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Out of curiosity, I took a look at the AT&T plans, and it would cost me am extra $50+ bucks a month to get the same service I have with T-Mo!!!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Man thats terrible! AT&T might just lose all of us TMO subscribers if they try to screw us after the switch.
    Knowing AT&T, when they render all TMO 3g devices inoperable, you'll have to sign up for their 4G network, they'll probably do this in a way that makes you sign a new contract and forfeiting your grandfathered contract....they don't care about the 33M customers...they want TMO towers and equiptment. Their poor customer tactics will bite them big time though. AT&T already controls some of their Andriod devices, don't be surprised at an AT&T app store, which requires all it's devices to go through them. It'll be a U.S. carrier pulling an Apple on us!

I want to apologize for going off the deep end on my last post. I'm just really....pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I want to apologize for going off the deep end on my last post. I'm just really....pissed.
    No apology needed. I'm on AT&T, and I'm considerably less than happy with this myself. I don't see any way for consumers to be served by this merger; only the carriers.

This isn't the only Senator to come out and state the obvious, but at least we have that going for us.

(Hartford, CT) -- U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal is urging strict regulatory scrutiny of the proposed merger of AT&T and T-Mobile.

Blumenthal says the proposed merger would create the largest mobile phone company in the nation and raises serious antitrust issues.

He says regulatory approval should contain strict conditions to ensure that consumer concerns about cost, access, choice and competition are addressed.

Follow this link in the T-Mobile Forums where a poster requested people to call their Congressman.

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/T-Mobi...an/td-p/791077

T-Mobile is scum for blocking this.

What'll happen if this doesn't go through? T-Mo has been trying to dump their US operations for a while now.

I'm so pissed. I love my phone. I have no reason right now to upgrade. The phone does everything I need, and I have a tough time believing I'll find something that much better than this that'll I'll really notice the difference.

T-Mo has been Google's vendor of choice for their phones. Sprint is releasing a Nexus S soon. Do you think that is in anticipation of this deal? Will Sprint be the new Google partner?

Don't go off the deep end yet, Cool! It'll take at least a year for this to get approved (if it does), and another couple to be implemented. By then you'll be wanting another phone.

Unfortunately, nobody knows what'll happen. I think AT&T&T are hellbent to make it happen tho. The rumor earlier in the year was that Sprint was going to buy T-Mo. since they're not compatible networks, that was a strange rumor, but they did buy Nextel and it wasn't compatible either. That deal never really worked out.

It's gonna happen folks. How often does the DoJ block these things? The FCC doesn't care much either. If they did then Net Neutrality wouldn't be the joke/mess it is today.

But I agree that you shouldn't think your phone won't work anytime soon. At the earliest it'll happen sometime next year. It's not like they can flick a switch and change all of those towers to 4g.

Interesting Letter from TMO to its customers

T-Mobile Blog
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links