T-Mobile & Google Voice problems

This is a discussion on T-Mobile & Google Voice problems within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Is anyone else having problems with T-Mobile and Google Voice recently? I just received a bill for $261 for the past month. I knew I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile & Google Voice problems

T-Mobile & Google Voice problems

Is anyone else having problems with T-Mobile and Google Voice recently?

I just received a bill for $261 for the past month. I knew I was getting close to my minute limit so I started using Google Voice constantly for the last 12 days of my billing period, but ALL OF my Google Voice calls showed up as cellular calls.

The really weird thing, is they all showed up at different numbers and in different locations than they were calling.

So I called my mom in Texas, her number shows up as Miami, Florida and a Miami number.
    I called a hotel in Florida, that number shows up as Cambridge, MA and a Boston area number
    It just goes on and on... all the numbers and locations are incorrect. And I'm certain I called them all with Google Voice.

T-Mobile has been completely useless through several calls, they just pass the buck saying it's a third party app and they can't help (even though it comes installed stock on most Android phones).

Google... they don't have customer service.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Anyone else know of a solution?
    I can't even find the menu where I could switch to make all calls through Google Voice, Through the Cell Provider, or to ask beforehand (I thought this was under Google Voice's settings, but I'm not seeing it anymore)

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and I'm so disappointed in both of these companies that I've touted to all my friends and family.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm on Android 2.2.1, rooted with CyanogenMod 6.1.1 btw.

Found the menu in Google voice... I must have been blind with rage.

Still not sure what's up with this bill/phone/app.

Google voice is not VOIP, and so it uses your minutes. What it does allow you to do is route all your long distance calls to local numbers, so you effectively make only local calls (great if you have unlimited local calls)...

No idea why you are getting calls all over the country...?

I just did a test call with my brother using Google Voice on my Nexus One, and confirmed that it's still costing me T-Mobile cellular minutes.

WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Google voice is not VOIP, and so it uses your minutes. What it does allow you to do is route all your long distance calls to local numbers, so you effectively make only local calls (great if you have unlimited local calls)...

No idea why you are getting calls all over the country...?
    Are you serious? I thought that was the whole benefit of Google Voice is that you can make calls just using the data plan and none of the cellular minutes. Have you ever used it?

Google Voice Turns Your iPhone Into Free VoIP Phone | Cult of Mac

Wow if that is the case, Google Voice is basically useless to me. I need to get my business cards changed.

All google voice does is connect calls through the internet. It still uses minutes on your plan. Basically, you use google voice to connect a call through google's system. That's why you can get cheap international calls. Because the call you make is between your phone and google's random stateside number. Then Google uses its system to connect the international number you wanted to call. The only way to get cheap google voice calls is if you still have a My favs account and you set up your google voice account to show your google voice number instead of the number calling you. This way you can add the google voice number to your my favs hence, free incoming calls. And you would also be able to use the internet to connect your calls through google voice. For example go to google.com/voice and then connect the call that way so your google voice number calls your phone.

Wow. All this time... What an epic fail.

I'm sorry I was so wrong.

Skype is VOIP, and the new app/service call Viber is also VOIP and uses regular phone numbers, no silly Skype ID nonesense. Viber just plain works, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links