Voice Mail Notification Problems

This is a discussion on Voice Mail Notification Problems within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi Nexus One on T-Mobile users. For the last 3 weeks or so, I am having issues with Voice Mail notifications on my Nexus One: ...

Thread: Voice Mail Notification Problems

Voice Mail Notification Problems

Hi Nexus One on T-Mobile users.
    For the last 3 weeks or so, I am having issues with Voice Mail notifications on my Nexus One:
    It started with the little icon not going away after I retrieved the voice mails from my phone. This problem is still happening.
    Now, it has come to taking 2 or 3 days to be notified of voice mails.
    For example, two callers called me (one on Verizon, the other another on T-Mobile), neither of these calls made it to my phone but they did leave a voice mail message on Saturday. Today, I missed a phone call - I was on the phone and could not answer the call. They left me a voice mail message & I was notified by the little icon.
    I did the voice mail call by pulling down the notification and tapping the icon, to my surprise I have 3 voice mails waiting for me - two from the calls on Saturday, and one the current call I missed.

The last time I called T-Mobile for an issue (almost a year ago, I don't remember what the issue was) I was told that even though it is a T-Mobile phone they don't support it because I did not buy it from them.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Is there a fix for this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm on T-Mo, but I use Google Voice for my voicemail. Works great, and I get a transcription of each message. I also get each message displayed like an email in an inbox, so I can choose which order to listen to them...

I recommend giving it a try...

Thanks for the reply Danger,
    I am using a work account phone #. I have checked into google voice, and see that I can use my phone #, but what happens with the T-Mobile end of the switch over? I don't want to create any problems with work (one person office, it would be on me to fix the mess (if any)).

It's pretty seamless...
    You just sign into the GV app, and tell it that you want to use GV for your voicemail. You will need to create a new greeting for GV. From then on, whenever anyone gets your voicemail they get the GV greeting and leave a message as normal. You get an email telling you someone has left a message, and also a transcription of the message. You also get a text message type deal in GV, which you can read out click the play Burton to listen to...

If you want to revert back to T-Mo, you just log in from a desktop browser and click a couple a of settings...

Thanks Danger, I will check it out.

i have tmobiles galaxy S iv got it for my birthday back in november never really had any problems with it . but today i got a voice mail at 1:41pm . and i deleted it right after i received the message but the voice mail notification wont go away . its happened once or twice but i just go back and deleted it again . iv tryed turning it off and taking out the sim card but nothings working seems to work! ;/ can someone please help me ?

I'd do what danger-rat recommended above. GV works much better than the stock VM app.

Also, I removed your sig link, as such links are not allowed here.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links