Thinking of going android--HTC G2

This is a discussion on Thinking of going android--HTC G2 within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I currently have a HTC Touch Pro 2--with a broken digitizer. While I have the parts to repair it, there are other signs that unit ...

Thread: Thinking of going android--HTC G2

Thinking of going android--HTC G2

I currently have a HTC Touch Pro 2--with a broken digitizer. While I have the parts to repair it, there are other signs that unit is going to not last much longer. And the digitizer repair is a longer than expect process.

I like slider keyboards so am thinking the G2.

Moving away from winmo isn't easy to me (though I'm not likin' what I see with winphone(y) 7), I like easy synching to outlook. (Not exchange, but I like outlook 2010.)

I also like office 2010 and need some ability to open and change some office files.

So what say the wise ones here? G2? Wait for something "just around the corner"?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Permission granted to cross-post in the G2 section. TBH, I'm really not up on all the TMo offerings that are coming up....I've had my hands full keeping all the ATT devices straight!

If you want a phone with a physical keyboard then get the G2 its a great device. I'm even envious of the nice keyboard it has compared to my OG Droid. As far as I know that is the only android phone currently on tmobile with a keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Still, I expect some significant new phones to come to TMo any time now, but can't keep all the new devices and carriers they're going to straight! Any dual core wonders with keyboards headed to Tmo soon?

The G2 is really a great phone. Even with a lower clock speed, you won't even notice it. I was just playing with one at work the other day. A co-worker and I swapped phones for a bit. I wa impressed. And it's a pure Google experience, so updates should come fairly quickly if that's important to you. AND you get your physical keyboard, but I will say this...I used to think that way too. All I wanted was to keep the keyboard because I was so afraid to lose out. Once I discovered Swype, that went out the window. It just takes some adjustment, and while I will admit that there are times where I long for that keyboard (like being away from the pc to respond to work emails), overall, it's been a great experience and saves on some of the bulk.

Twitter
    droidforums
    +1 For the G2.. I was bummed when HTC only released this device on TMobile. I was really hoping we would see it on Verizon as the HTC Merge. It does have one of the best keyboards I've ever used on a smart phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links