T Mobile data only plan

This is a discussion on T Mobile data only plan within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Here's where the $39 plan is being discussed on the Google forums...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T Mobile data only plan

Here's where the $39 plan is being discussed on the Google forums

I am happy to say that mine worked from the first day. Guess I'm lucky.

HTC had to get Tmobile to fix account

I went for DAYS of tmobile's claim that my $60 account "should work - just wait long enough." I kept getting a "need to upgrade your account" message whenever out of wifi range.

I finally went through the tmobile menu option for "troubleshooting your phone" and that got me to HTC. They ran me through a soft reset of the phone, etc. to confirm that there was absolutely, without a doubt, a problem with tmobile. They patched me through to someone at tmobile who gave me a very different attitude this time. "Gee, sorry to see that you're having a problem with your phone. I see that you have the data plan, but somebody never set it up to give you data. I've already fixed that and I guarantee that it will be working within two hours."

It indeed works now. I love HTC, I love the Google apps. Tmobile has wasted perhaps ten hours of my time as I helplessly tried to figure out why I couldn't get access outside of wifi. It all boiled down to tmobile bimbos couldn't or wouldn't simply check the account to find that it hadn't been set up for data access, not to mention the bimbo who never did it in the first place.

I'm getting the total internet plan for 49.99 + 10 for unlimited msg since I rarely use min. Maybe 50 min per month atm. I'm going to use skype to make calls. 10 cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I'm getting the total internet plan for 49.99 + 10 for unlimited msg since I rarely use min. Maybe 50 min per month atm. I'm going to use skype to make calls. 10 cheaper
    That was exactly my reason for the $60 tmobile plan with 500 talk minutes but unlimited data. I've been rolling over most of $100 per year for a few years on the tmobile pay-as-you-go. But recently, I've had to make a lot of out of town trips that required frequent checks of email and required quick information from Web searches.

Now that my Nexus One is running, it seems better than what I've seen on iPhone that friends have -- the Google and third party apps are far better than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. But I am now completely, totally, unforgivably disgusted with tmobile. It shouldn't have taken four days for tmobile to finally be forced by HTC into admitting that they didn't correctly set up the account. If a tmobile competitor comes up with something that is as good or better, I'm their next customer.

Quote Originally Posted by rsowen4 View Post
    That was exactly my reason for the $60 tmobile plan with 500 talk minutes but unlimited data. I've been rolling over most of $100 per year for a few years on the tmobile pay-as-you-go. But recently, I've had to make a lot of out of town trips that required frequent checks of email and required quick information from Web searches.

Now that my Nexus One is running, it seems better than what I've seen on iPhone that friends have -- the Google and third party apps are far better than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. But I am now completely, totally, unforgivably disgusted with tmobile. It shouldn't have taken four days for tmobile to finally be forced by HTC into admitting that they didn't correctly set up the account. If a tmobile competitor comes up with something that is as good or better, I'm their next customer.
    Honestly, you kinda have to get used to that with T-Mobile. Their customer service is horrible, and reps will give you different stories each time.

You seriously just have to ***** at them and put your foot down, because they will figure out whats wrong, but if you let them take the easy route, they will just make up a excuse.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Yeah I have to agree with Neon. They even have customer service representive that don't speak english well. Took me 20min to explain something so they would understand. Lucky I was patient LOL

I only "have to get used to" inefficient, ineffective service as long as there are no alternative choices. I don't have a contract with tmobile, so they've lost me as soon as I have a reasonable alternative.

As for the English skills of tmobile reps, the folks with whom I spoke at tmobile had perfectly good midwestern American English skills. The problem is that they were young punks with fat heads and attitude problems.

Google is now seeing the effects of lousy tmobile service -- blogs and complaint boards are buzzing with tmobile/google/HTC issues and finger pointing. It will either bring google's phone strategy down, or google will take matters into its own hands at the expense, perhaps demise, of tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    many more are enjoying this phone than those wasting their time/effort bashing Google/HTC/TMO.
    It's impossible to use, let alone enjoy, a phone that doesn't work. My phone didn't work because tmobile didn't properly set up the account. It took someone at HTC to get someone at tmobile to check the account and fix it.

I hope that the unfolding report of my unforgivable experience with tmobile provides useful insight to anyone else who ever has the same experience with a tmobile data plan not working, no matter the handset or equipment seller.

From my experience, we now know that the "wait a few days, it will work" response from tmobile reps is a company line that in reality isn't true. I take this as fact because the person who fixed my account told me so. According to her, it's a line given to cover to cover their tails when something unexpected really goes wrong, but when a data plan is *properly* set up, it will (according to her) be working in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    The google board, for example, has many of the same folks whinging over and over about their issue(s), and when one was called on it, he changed his ID and began all over again
    How dare you try to belittle me with something that has nothing to do with me? For the record, I don't know about what's happening on some other forum; it has nothing to do with me or the problem that I had with the tmobile data plan. If other people are reporting the same complaint as me, it is absurd and childish to attribute them all to being a single individual who changes his or her screen name.

On many forums, your flame-baiting tactic would get you banned. Go away.

To those who have data only plans with T-Mobile:

1) How's it working out for you?
    2) Do you have your phones set up for VOIP? If so, is it working well for you? How is call quality?
    3) What about battery life? Does VOIP deplete your battery?

Please post your experience. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links