T Mobile data only plan

This is a discussion on T Mobile data only plan within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I saw a chart on this site maybe yesterday comparing costs using the tmobile data only plan plus SkypeOut and the tmobile data plan was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T Mobile data only plan

T Mobile data only plan

I saw a chart on this site maybe yesterday comparing costs using the tmobile data only plan plus SkypeOut and the tmobile data plan was $39.99. I called tmobile today to subscribe to this data plan and they said they only offered it with minutes. Anybody know how I can just get the data plan for my new Nexus One phone using tmobile? Do I just have to call and get another agent to help me or maybe go to a hungry store to sign up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by BillNTacoma View Post
    I saw a chart on this site maybe yesterday comparing costs using the tmobile data only plan plus SkypeOut and the tmobile data plan was $39.99. I called tmobile today to subscribe to this data plan and they said they only offered it with minutes. Anybody know how I can just get the data plan for my new Nexus One phone using tmobile? Do I just have to call and get another agent to help me or maybe go to a hungry store to sign up?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well. I was wondering if you could buy the "Total Internet Plan" with a sim card for data only. It then seems like you could use google voice for your minutes.

Google Voice does not act as a voip client. You would need gizmo or skype.

I have been told by a tmobile agent that they do not offer a android data only, but seems like if you just buy a sim with total internet they dont really have much of a say.

If someone finds out, post. I am interested.

Tmobile data plan

I went to my local Tmo store and had a nice employee fix me up with the $39.99 unlimited data only plan for my new Nexus phone. I paid the full price for my Nexus phone so I would not have to be a contract customer. After getting everything set up, she offered me a 2 year contract to sign. I backed out at that point since I did not have an incentive. I did take the plan for 500 minutes, internet and text for $60.00 per month with no contract. I will see how it goes.

Regards,
    Bill
    :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by BillNTacoma View Post
    I went to my local Tmo store and had a nice employee fix me up with the $39.99 unlimited data only plan for my new Nexus phone. I paid the full price for my Nexus phone so I would not have to be a contract customer. After getting everything set up, she offered me a 2 year contract to sign. I backed out at that point since I did not have an incentive. I did take the plan for 500 minutes, internet and text for $60.00 per month with no contract. I will see how it goes.

Regards,
    Bill
    :rofl3:
    Seems kind of dumb that you would have to sign a 2 year contract when you have an unlocked phone. I wonder if the employee was just stupid?

Update: I just went to the T-Mobil site and went through the process of ordering a data only plan (I selected the one under Microsoft mobile) $39.99 a month. I also added a sim card to my order (free). I did not complete the order, I just wanted to see if it would work. I'm not sure that it would have made me do a 2 year contract. Maybe by placing the order, they would say that I agreed to a 2 year contract?

I just signed up for the month to month plan for 59.99, sounds good to me, there 3G coverage is real good in my neck of the woods..
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

T-Mo is doing what ever it takes to get a slice from the big pie.
    why is this whole change your plan to get the best out of the whole package deal 100% full of ****?

If I were someone who dished out 530 $ for a phone, and don't even have 3G where I live ,and spending 80 a month on a plan that can do the same all other plans can do.

T-mo showed their true colors on this one.
    When new phones come out they go on the most expensive plans, then they move down to cheaper plans during their lifecycle, it's the nature of the business

Quote Originally Posted by dida View Post
    T-Mo is doing what ever it takes to get a slice from the big pie.
    why is this whole change your plan to get the best out of the whole package deal 100% full of ****?

If I were someone who dished out 530 $ for a phone, and don't even have 3G where I live ,and spending 80 a month on a plan that can do the same all other plans can do.

T-mo showed their true colors on this one.
    When new phones come out they go on the most expensive plans, then they move down to cheaper plans during their lifecycle, it's the nature of the business
    No you have it all wrong.. Its only if you want to purchase the N1 subsidized ($179.99) with a TMO plan that you are restricted to the 500min plan for 79.99 per month to pay TMO back the loan you took to get the phone @ $19.99 per month..

If you did what i did: N1 Unlocked Unsubsidized ($529.99) then the same TMO plan is only 59.99 with the Even More Plus 500 talk/txt/data plan which is NO CONTRACT month to month...

You are not RESTRICTED to the $79.99 plan when you purchase the phone unlocked, unsubsidized.
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

t-mobile Internet doesn't work for 48 hours

The $60 tmobile unlimited data plan doesn't work! The SIM arrived two days after the phone. Then I screwed around for several hours trying to figure out why I don't have Internet access whenever I turn off wifi. When I try to access Internet without wifi (e.g., to check gmail), I get a message saying that I need to upgrade my tmobile plan. Finally gave up and called T-mobile.

According to tmobile customer service, it takes a few days before data capability catches up with the phone, My iPhone friends get to laugh at me for two more days for buying a phone that is merely wifi capable. Works great as long as I don't leave Starbucks.

I asked where on the tmobile website does it say anything about a data plan that takes a few days to activate. "Well sir, it does work, so there's nothing to say." "No it doesn't, and I screwed around on your website for a half hour trying to figure out why." "Sir, yes it does work." "You claim it does, so tell me how I get Internet access on my phone." "Wait for 48 hours." "Then that means it doesn't work," "No sir, that means that it does work, just not right now. It will work in two days, so it does work. Just be patient."

Now I know why Google didn't want to tie the phone to any particular carrier. They don't want to be blamed for this kind of rotten service treatment. The handset is pretty, but right now, it's not much more than an expensive paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by rsowen4 View Post
    The $60 tmobile unlimited data plan doesn't work! The SIM arrived two days after the phone. Then I screwed around for several hours trying to figure out why I don't have Internet access whenever I turn off wifi. When I try to access Internet without wifi (e.g., to check gmail), I get a message saying that I need to upgrade my tmobile plan. Finally gave up and called T-mobile.

According to tmobile customer service, it takes a few days before data capability catches up with the phone, My iPhone friends get to laugh at me for two more days for buying a phone that is merely wifi capable. Works great as long as I don't leave Starbucks.

I asked where on the tmobile website does it say anything about a data plan that takes a few days to activate. "Well sir, it does work, so there's nothing to say." "No it doesn't, and I screwed around on your website for a half hour trying to figure out why." "Sir, yes it does work." "You claim it does, so tell me how I get Internet access on my phone." "Wait for 48 hours." "Then that means it doesn't work," "No sir, that means that it does work, just not right now. It will work in two days, so it does work. Just be patient."

Now I know why Google didn't want to tie the phone to any particular carrier. They don't want to be blamed for this kind of rotten service treatment. The handset is pretty, but right now, it's not much more than an expensive paperweight.
    Does it work now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links