T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN.

This is a discussion on T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN. within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I just found out that my web2go doesn't work with nexus one....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN.

I just found out that my web2go doesn't work with nexus one.

I probably should have waited to call Tmobile on switching to Android data from BIS. They said it may take a few hours to kick in but it's been like 3 hours and still hasn't kicked in. Everytime I go to a site the web2go site comes up saying I don't have a plan. Bleh~

Least wifi is ridiculously fast on this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    I probably should have waited to call Tmobile on switching to Android data from BIS. They said it may take a few hours to kick in but it's been like 3 hours and still hasn't kicked in. Everytime I go to a site the web2go site comes up saying I don't have a plan. Bleh~

Least wifi is ridiculously fast on this phone.
    Mine only took about an hour to kick in. keep your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    So I'm still waiting for my phone, but I'm already angry at T-Mobile today!

A week ago, I called and talked to a rep about switching my current Even More Plus which is data + text for the Sidekick to Android Data. They said just the coding has to be changed, and if you have unlimited data on your plan, you will not be billed anymore, it just has to be changed. Easy enough to change the data right?

I called in this morning while I'm waiting for the Nexus to arrive, and I called TM to ask about the data again.

First rep. is nice, but tells me to change from my current unlimited data, to Android data is $5 dollars more. The data plan I have is 20, and the Android is 25 a month.

She says thats the only way, but i told her I was told that I wouldn't be billed, so I ask to speak to the supervisor, which she puts me on hold for almost 30 minutes, repeatedly coming back saying they were all busy. Eventually I hang up, wait 10 minutes then call back.

The next rep I got actually knew what he was talking about. He said it WILL NOT COST ANYMORE to change from unlimited data to Android unlimited if you have the unlocked phone. You just need to have the phone in hand to get the numbers.

I would appreciate it if they knew what they were talking about more than about 50% of the time. But if you have a EvenMore+ plan with unlimited data, DON'T LET THEM CHARGE YOU MORE ON YOUR BILL.

From what I have experienced if you have the G1 Android plan you should be able to keep your 24.99 data plus 400 msg. If you have the BIS plan for 20 bucks you will have to upgrade to the android data plan for 24.99 (w/o messaging). I am 99.99% sure.

before calling to change from the BB plan try to change your APN to

wap.voicestream.com

No username
    No Password

That might work.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

I think its hit and miss with all the carriers, some on the ball and others not

Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    So I'm still waiting for my phone, but I'm already angry at T-Mobile today!

A week ago, I called and talked to a rep about switching my current Even More Plus which is data + text for the Sidekick to Android Data. They said just the coding has to be changed, and if you have unlimited data on your plan, you will not be billed anymore, it just has to be changed. Easy enough to change the data right?

I called in this morning while I'm waiting for the Nexus to arrive, and I called TM to ask about the data again.

First rep. is nice, but tells me to change from my current unlimited data, to Android data is $5 dollars more. The data plan I have is 20, and the Android is 25 a month.

She says thats the only way, but i told her I was told that I wouldn't be billed, so I ask to speak to the supervisor, which she puts me on hold for almost 30 minutes, repeatedly coming back saying they were all busy. Eventually I hang up, wait 10 minutes then call back.

The next rep I got actually knew what he was talking about. He said it WILL NOT COST ANYMORE to change from unlimited data to Android unlimited if you have the unlocked phone. You just need to have the phone in hand to get the numbers.

I would appreciate it if they knew what they were talking about more than about 50% of the time. But if you have a EvenMore+ plan with unlimited data, DON'T LET THEM CHARGE YOU MORE ON YOUR BILL.

From what I have experienced if you have the G1 Android plan you should be able to keep your 24.99 data plus 400 msg. If you have the BIS plan for 20 bucks you will have to upgrade to the android data plan for 24.99 (w/o messaging). I am 99.99% sure.

before calling to change from the BB plan try to change your APN to

wap.voicestream.com

No username
    No Password

That might work.
    is there any differences between wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com in terms of 3G speed???

I had a My touch 3g with the unlimited data. plan. I just took the sim from my touch 3g and installed it into the nexus one.

Everything seems to work

I've got the BIS unlimited data plan from my BB curve and it works fine in my nexus one.

To those who have data only plans with T-Mobile:

1) How's it working out for you?
    2) Do you have your phones set up for VOIP? If so, is it working well for you? How is call quality?
    3) What about battery life? Does VOIP deplete your battery?

Please post your experience. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tatail View Post
    Why didn't you try to change it online?
    If you go to services it tells you right there that Android data plan free, if you have Even More Plus plan.
    and what's the difference between the regular plan and the android plan?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links