T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN.

This is a discussion on T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN. within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So I'm still waiting for my phone, but I'm already angry at T-Mobile today! A week ago, I called and talked to a rep about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN.

T-Mobile ANDROID DATA PLAN.

So I'm still waiting for my phone, but I'm already angry at T-Mobile today!

A week ago, I called and talked to a rep about switching my current Even More Plus which is data + text for the Sidekick to Android Data. They said just the coding has to be changed, and if you have unlimited data on your plan, you will not be billed anymore, it just has to be changed. Easy enough to change the data right?

I called in this morning while I'm waiting for the Nexus to arrive, and I called TM to ask about the data again.

First rep. is nice, but tells me to change from my current unlimited data, to Android data is $5 dollars more. The data plan I have is 20, and the Android is 25 a month.

She says thats the only way, but i told her I was told that I wouldn't be billed, so I ask to speak to the supervisor, which she puts me on hold for almost 30 minutes, repeatedly coming back saying they were all busy. Eventually I hang up, wait 10 minutes then call back.

The next rep I got actually knew what he was talking about. He said it WILL NOT COST ANYMORE to change from unlimited data to Android unlimited if you have the unlocked phone. You just need to have the phone in hand to get the numbers.

I would appreciate it if they knew what they were talking about more than about 50% of the time. But if you have a EvenMore+ plan with unlimited data, DON'T LET THEM CHARGE YOU MORE ON YOUR BILL.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Good to know, this should help people tell the rep how to do it properly and to stick to their guns

Why didn't you try to change it online?
    If you go to services it tells you right there that Android data plan free, if you have Even More Plus plan.

I wouldn't bother changing it. They likely would never have known you were using a different phone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tatail View Post
    Why didn't you try to change it online?
    If you go to services it tells you right there that Android data plan free, if you have Even More Plus plan.
    If you change it online, is it effective immediately? I need to do that later today but I'd rather avoid calling them if I can do it myself online.

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    I wouldn't bother changing it. They likely would never have known you were using a different phone anyway.
    I'm curious what will happen when I stick my T-Mo Curve sim into the Nexus one. Wondering if the data will still work since the android data is supposed to be $25 vs $20 for Blackberry.

Wait... so since I have a T-Mobile G1, from tmo of course, and I have the even more plus plan with android data already active on my account, does this mean I just switch the sim and presto it works perfectly or do I still have to call? Waiting for my nexus Thursday @ 3p.

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    I'm curious what will happen when I stick my T-Mo Curve sim into the Nexus one. Wondering if the data will still work since the android data is supposed to be $25 vs $20 for Blackberry.
    I have a blackberry bold data plan. And so far everything is working absolutely fine with my nexus one.

I have a blackberry bold data plan. And so far everything is working absolutely fine with my nexus one.
    Do you have a BlackBerry voice and data plan, or the BlackBerry unlimited Internet & Email plan?

Did you just plug in the SIM? Or did you have to call T-Mo first?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links