Question from the newbie

This is a discussion on Question from the newbie within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi, I don't have a lot of experience with cell phones, so please excuse what is probably a very basic question that I don't really ...

Thread: Question from the newbie

Question from the newbie

Hi,

I don't have a lot of experience with cell phones, so please excuse what is probably a very basic question that I don't really quite know how to find the answer for.

I bought my Nexus One with the T-Mobile package bundle with the option to carry over my existing mobile phone number. Am I correct to assume that I don't need to call T-Mobile to set up my cell phone account; this is being handled automatically?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

port

I ported my number, from metroPCS, when port your number you have to have the account number and account password. If you dont supply that information you will never get your phone number ported. If you did not supply both the account number and password you will need to get that info and call tmobile with it. Then your phone will be active in a couple of hours.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    I ported my number, from metroPCS, when port your number you have to have the account number and account password. If you dont supply that information you will never get your phone number ported. If you did not supply both the account number and password you will need to get that info and call tmobile with it. Then your phone will be active in a couple of hours.
    Thank you. That's odd, though, because I don't recall seeing any fields prompting me for that information when I bought the Nexus One. I have the information onhand, so it's not a problem. I'll call T-Mobile tomorrow to see what's going on with this. In theory, my service was supposed to be activated as of 10:00 am today.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links