How is performance on T-Mobile?

This is a discussion on How is performance on T-Mobile? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by DanielSon88 Tmobile is definately a keeper. has never let me down on road trips and even in the mountains Really? I've been ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How is performance on T-Mobile?

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielSon88 View Post
    Tmobile is definately a keeper. has never let me down on road trips and even in the mountains
    Really? I've been feeling the exact opposite. As each day goes by, I like the phone more and the service less. I almost never have 3g, and I can only get edge half of the time. And it's not that uncommon that I will find myself completely without coverage (happened to me twice today - once in my house and once on a major highway). I don't live in a metropolis, but it's not tiny, either.

T-Mobile pretty much sucks donkey balls. Worst. Service. Ever.

its crazy because i havnt had any problems at all with t-mobile. i find it to be much better than sprint (my previous carrier with palm pre) and just a little bit less than verizon..im in nyc so i almost never go on edge and im always in 3g

I had sprint previously here in northeast Ohio and had great service, I rarely get 3g here now, but I find edge generally acceptable for internet when I'm not in a wifi hotspots. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, love the n1 though!

No problems here... all ways connects to 3G and no dropped calls.

Same. No dropped calls.

3G always on. Near home 50/50 but Im on the cusp of the network so that was expected.

I'm happy. Normally if Im on the 2nd floor of my home I have no 3G issues.

Technically on the map it has me listed about a .5 mile out of range, so Im glad I even get it there.

Phone kicks ass and I am very happy. I would just check the 3G coverage before purchasing

jah
    I looked at the map this morning and it says I should be solid 3g and full bars at home and solid edge and full bars at work. I almost never get 3g at all anywhere, and I often get little to no reception for data or calls at work or at home.

So now I'm wondering if I have something defective going on.

I was actually surprised by how accurate the T-Mobile map is.

My work says 3G (and it is)

My home shows the 3G coverage ending pretty much at the end of my street (about a half mile away)

Im up on top of a hill on the street so i think thats why 2nd story I receive 3G most of the time and the lower floor is maybe 50/50 with the 3G

I have a wireless netowrk with Verizon Fios so at home Im normally connected via WiFi which stills make my phone fly, so it works out fie for me.

jah
    I posted this on this thread as well, but I'll ask again since the subject is similar:

Are y'all finding it more likely to have edge/3g if wifi is off? I'm wondering if my having wifi on all of the time is somehow affecting my other signals.

And I just turned off wifi to see what would happen, and I went *immediately* from no data to Edge (which is what it should be).

I believe if WiFi is on 3G and Edge would become disabled as I also switch WiFi off and my 3G pops back on. That was probably your main issue.

Hope thats all it is. Good Luck

If your not near any hot spots, make sure your WiFi is turned off. Someone chime i if Im wrong

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links